• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 - Carbine or Stock Mods

Well, here I have pretty much completed my first run at a DIY carbine conversion. There are some tweaks I'll work on, but I declare it a fully functioning mini carbine!

Stock complete1.jpg

Stock complete2.jpg

I found some of this rubber gasketing, so I printed a slot into the stock end.

I kept the ski pole clamp, allowing me to adjust the length. The clamp portion also does act as a sort of cheek plate to index the eye relief distance from the scope.

Also completed my pic rail scope mount. It's held in by a dovetail clamp at the front, then screws in to the iron sight screw hole.

Pic rail.jpg

The Buck Rail website states that it is on the way, but delayed due to personal business.

I emailed Chris/Terry, and Terry at Buck Rail has allowed me to post this status:

Status of the Buck Rail GK1 To Mini Carbine Conversion - 2024-02-12:

"So they are actually in production. Terry said he’s ok with the following info being shared:

“There is no pre-order yet. The parts will be machined aluminum and black anodized. It will likely be at least a month before they are available. As soon as I get them in hand and ensure they are made to spec I will list them and give an official release date.”

I emailed Chris/Terry, and Terry at Buck Rail has allowed me to post this status:

"So they are actually in production. Terry said he’s ok with the following info being shared:

“There is no pre-order yet. The parts will be machined aluminum and black anodized. It will likely be at least a month before they are available. As soon as I get them in hand and ensure they are made to spec I will list them and give an official release date.”
I was chatting with buckrail and am looking forward to his AR grip adapter coming out 🥰

I threw down and ordered an A3 tactical offset stock...hoping it gets here this weekend!

1000012306.jpg

Yup, I'm waiting for the BuckRail conversion to come out....no rush here I'm patient.

Please if you don't mind to post something once they are up for sale ? ...thanks

I was chatting with buckrail and am looking forward to his AR grip adapter coming out 🥰

I threw down and ordered an A3 tactical offset stock...hoping it gets here this weekend!

View attachment 435336
This one looks like it's worthy of the GK1.....most do not
Can't stand the "plastic look"

Does this use the double picatinny adaptor Andrew?

Just a suggestion if you and a couple folks are trying to promote your products--look into becoming a forum sponsor or list in the classifieds.

I try not to be spammy in promoting my business but I have noticed quite the uptick of posts just dropping pictures or new accounts doing the same.

That is just how I choose to handle my business to try and keep posts on topic and relevant vs only self-promoting with post spam. Just my .02, wish you and your venture the best.

Yup, I'm waiting for the BuckRail conversion to come out....no rush here I'm patient.

Please if you don't mind to post something once they are up for sale ? ...thanks
I was lucky enough to get to see the AR grip adapter--like I said earlier, super pumped for him to release that one!

I have a box full of AR grips that I'm itching to try on the GK1.

This one looks like it's worthy of the GK1.....most do not
Can't stand the "plastic look"

Does this use the double picatinny adaptor Andrew?
Either adapter would work. The double just has some more flexibility depending on what stocks you have.

Once I get the A3 stock in, I'll post up pictures so folks can see how it looks. I really want it for the shoulder drop and since it's my modular, I may be able to adapt the LOP.

I have a feeling I'm going to get in trouble with the wife...I may have a few different kinds of stocks coming heh I'm starting to have a buttstock obsession........

I'm very interested in this conversion kit too, but have a few questions that I guess will have to wait until they are actually produced. I posted the below in the YouTube video, but have not received any reply yet.

"I can't tell from the video, but is it easy and quick to take stock off and on without tools? I like the design a lot, but not sure if I would like that stock folded to the right side everytime I shoot as pistol. I would want to remove for pistol only and when carrying in holster."

I'm very interested in this conversion kit too, but have a few questions that I guess will have to wait until they are actually produced. I posted the below in the YouTube video, but have not received any reply yet.

"I can't tell from the video, but is it easy and quick to take stock off and on without tools? I like the design a lot, but not sure if I would like that stock folded to the right side everytime I shoot as pistol. I would want to remove for pistol only and when carrying in holster."
I know I have seen him show a quick disconnect Picatinny folder, not sure if he's selling it right now though

Reactions: bernieorosz

I'm actually OK if it's a semi permanent conversion or if it takes time to set or dismantle because I will have a Huben .25 shorty by then as my pistol and the current one will be a dedicated carbine.....that is why if I go this direction I will want the best carbine set up out there.

I was lucky enough to get to see the AR grip adapter--like I said earlier, super pumped for him to release that one!

I have a box full of AR grips that I'm itching to try on the GK1.
Is this website (https://buck-rail.com) where the "Buck-rail" GK1 adapter is made, that a host of folks waiting on? I ask because when I did a search for the GK1 on that website, it didn't pull down any results for Huben or GK1 products.

With regards to the AR grip adapter, would you be allowed to show any images of it - or describe the materials used and how it will facilitate a GK1 to be retrofitted with an AR grip? I truly hope the AR grip adapter becomes a reality, and available stat, as I have a very unique AR grip with even more rare functionalities that I would love to install onto the GK1. Thanks in advance for any info you can proffer on this...

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66