• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 - Carbine or Stock Mods

Found some time last night to play with the stock that finally arrived. Have a traditional red dot on a riser that should hopefully be here in the next few days as well. The USPS shipping delays are the big hold up for me right now--waiting on hardware!

May revise the mount slightly while I wait for the bulk order of mounting hardware so it has full pic adapter coverage just for appearance-sake but this is a fun mod for sure!

1000011846.jpg

Found some time last night to play with the stock that finally arrived. Have a traditional red dot on a riser that should hopefully be here in the next few days as well. The USPS shipping delays are the big hold up for me right now--waiting on hardware!

May revise the mount slightly while I wait for the bulk order of mounting hardware so it has full pic adapter coverage just for appearance-sake but this is a fun mod for sure!

That is super nice for sure! Love the way these are coming along.

The dream is one day we have a chasis system as nice as a FLUX Defense. Spring loaded folder or spring loaded straight back is what they have.

That is super nice for sure! Love the way these are coming along.

The dream is one day we have a chasis system as nice as a FLUX Defense. Spring loaded folder or spring loaded straight back is what they have.
I contacted MCK on considering chassis builds for PCP, specifically the GK1; this what they do, although currently only for powder burner pistols. I have one and it functions flawlessly. Yet to hear back.

Reactions: allinssd
Here's my grip mod and stain job. I removed the hump and rounded the backside, leaving on a bag riding butt plate. Removing wood from the back changes the angle slightly. Alternatively, if you like the back hump and angle there, (the muzzle angle in relation to your hold angle against your wrist) then there is some available wood on the finger grip area to thin it out there instead.

Screenshot_20240124-192454~2.png

Here's my grip mod and stain job. I removed the hump and rounded the backside, leaving on a bag riding butt plate. Removing wood from the back changes the angle slightly. Alternatively, if you like the back hump and angle there, (the muzzle angle in relation to your hold angle against your wrist) then there is some available wood on the finger grip area to thin it out there instead.

View attachment 428659
I like it….love the stain.
Very nice

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I like it….love the stain.
Very nice
Thanks. It is several coats of oil based walnut stain and with no hardening type of poly sealants to cover it. All natural and maintained as such for an experiment which was inspired by a woodworking AGN member who posted something about keeping re-worked wood stocks natural instead of applying plastic coatings, and the feel and grip you get from doing so. The grip gets a coating of Howard Feed-n-Wax wood polish and conditioner applied to it as needed to keep the wood oiled and sealed. It does feel "warm" and more "grippy" rather than plastic coated and slippery, so the experiment is a success.

That stain is lovely!

Here is my mounting block, off the 3d printer:

4 Rail adapter.jpg

Mounted up:

Block sideview.jpg

Block back view.jpg

I did manage to squeeze in 4 rails, plus keep the original sights functional.

I did order up a 5ku stock from evike.com. But I eventually plan on making my own stock--I have ideas of using a broken ski pole I've got laying around.

Last edited:
That stain is lovely!

Here is my mounting block, off the 3d printer:

View attachment 429027

Mounted up:

View attachment 429028

View attachment 429029

I did manage to squeeze in 4 rails, plus keep the original sights functional.

I did order up a 5ku stock from evike.com. But I eventually plan on making my own stock--I have ideas of using a broken ski pole I've got laying around.
Excuse me if I missed it but will you be selling these adaptors and if so what will you be selling them for?
Love this idea with the skeleton stock

Reactions: Barri_40
I'm still working on it. And while I might be contacted into making some (and remember its more than just a 3d printed part, it's also the custom screw mounting system) when I feel it is done, I am just a hobbyist--and so it will not be a commercial level product. I can be specific on how it would fall short of a commercial product. It ought to be made from PETG, which is a more robust (particularly temperature stable) plastic. I could theoretically print in PETG, but I would need to invest in a filament drying system, or outsource. The custom screws would all be hand made. I don't care much about finish. And I wouldn't really be extensively tested, because if I break one, I can just print another.

Anyway, if you are looking form commercial level products--go to Andrew:

https://huben3dparts.com

I'm sure his pic rail block will be appearing soon.

Anyhow: got my folding stock from evike:

5ku attached.jpg

Just holding it an maneuvering it around (haven't shot yet, it's night)--this pistol/microcarbine is everything I had hoped for.

My DIY stock is fully underway, but I had to test my block with an off-the-shelf product. Also making a pic scope mounting rail that mounts to the dovetail and extends back past the back of the pistol, so I can move my scope closer to my face.

Last edited:
I made another pocket-stock today. LOP range 11-17". I can make it at least an inch shorter for more compactness. It only needed two tubes, with just one extended LOP of 14". It can be flipped for scope height. I used a wing nut picatinny riser to attach the tube, but a quick detach will work. Naturally, I filed down the Picatinny slots. I used an old 5/8 socket to attach the tube to the riser/via a 5mm bolt & flat washer. Then put one small screw thru the tube into the socket. It weighs almost nothing; well, it is light as a feather. A quality pocket stock made out of CF would be cool.
20240129_165841 - Copy.jpg

20240128_132309.jpg20240129_163009.jpg20240129_163029.jpg20240129_163149.jpg20240129_163331.jpg

I like the concept of mounting to the bottom of the grip. It's a nice wide flat surface. But it does only have 1 mounting point, as opposed to the 2 at the receiver plate. Once I finish up my receiver plate mount, I think I will develop a grip bottom mount, I'm thinking with a thin rim that cups the bottom of the grip for extra support (maybe if that actually helps).

The Huben GK1 owners setup is very slick looking, but I do like the look and feel of the lovely original wood stock.

PS, I'm thinking I might be starting my own thread here shortly. Just posting my experiences and progression. Maybe titled "Huben GK1, A beginner's journey to a mini carbine".

Reactions: PCPFanNL
After making over half a dozen stocks for the GK1, I like my first two best. I went back on this one and put two point connection on it & a quick detach. One thing I don't like about the single point connect to the receiver stocks is most of them don't have a bag runner on them. Once it is sighed in, that is not really an issue but for testing and real accuracy, I like that. So here is my final Homemade GK1 stock, Solid as a rock. I am going to use on this .22. Still want to try Squirrel Hunters stock on my new .25.

20240205_124830.jpg
20240205_125252.jpg

Here it was previously.
20231218_123758.jpg

Last edited:
Huben3D has their Picatinny adapters for sale now. I just ordered one. Looks good.

Huben3D has their Picatinny adapters for sale now. I just ordered one. Looks good.

Thanks for the mention!

I got slammed with orders to start the week, I should have yours packed up tonight after I get out of the office!

Reactions: Nutcracker

Have one on the way with Strike Industries folding stock/brace. Super excited!!!