• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben GK1 - Carbine or Stock Mods

Awesome, I like the looks of that!

As for input: I found that 4 slots would give some more height adjusting options.
I think removing the rear sight would give you more space for that extra slot.

Maybe make 2 versions? One (compact) with the rear sight, and one (larger) were the rear sight has to be removed?

View attachment 423382

But how is the strength on that print for this part? It would suck big time if it were to crack and the screws become loose, that would give a unpleasent I can
I can design and build a base using your prototype or adapt my folding stock to your GK1 pistol.
IMG_2974.jpeg
Please contact me if you are interested

Last edited:
Reactions: Bernie7
Almost there - looking for some input. 3 rails/2 slots - should be enough for most picatinny buttstocks, ya? I could drop one more additional rail/slot in it...but then it's not as compact and pretty.

My little cheapie buttstock only needs the 1 slot.

View attachment 423369
As many slots as possible make it easier to adjust for height, & more area to secure to. I like this. I have made a few out of aluminum, but they never turned out this nice looking & I had to remove my rear sight. Will this be strong/rigid enough not to move as a single-point stock hookup? I might use this in conjunction with the bottom of the pistol grip. I am sort of passionate about two points, as rough as I am on stuff. LOL

Thanks for making innovative & economical solutions for accessorizing the GK1. (y)

When you get them finished, I want one.

I did make a stock that hooked up the Picatinny/tube thingy via a quick release, but I felt that a single point could put too much strain on the tube.

As many slots as possible make it easier to adjust for height, & more area to secure to. I like this. I have made a few out of aluminum, but they never turned out this nice looking & I had to remove my rear sight. Will this be strong/rigid enough not to move as a single-point stock hookup? I might use this in conjunction with the bottom of the pistol grip. I am sort of passionate about two points, as rough as I am on stuff. LOL

Thanks for making innovative & economical solutions for accessorizing the GK1. (y)

When you get them finished, I want one.

I did make a stock that hooked up the Picatinny/tube thingy via a quick release, but I felt that a single point could put too much strain on the tube.

It's solid in my testing. I was trying to break it but I hit a point I was worried about bending my gk1 barrel. It has a solid 6mm of bolt running through it and does require longer valve cover bolts (I would include, of course).

I did have a version that replaced the valve cover so you don't need longer bolts, but I wouldn't want my valve spring wearing against 'plastic' so I threw that idea out. It puts some decent pressure on the valve cover and I had wear concerns, long-term. I know there is a design or two floating around out there that I've seen, replacing the cover with a printed part but not something I would personally do. May mess around with it again in the future using a metal cup for the valve spring seat...but also, I don't see it adding additional strength benefits.

I will play with extending another row or two down and see if I'm comfortable with it maintaining strength.

Thanks for the input!!

My tester minimalist stock should finally be here tomorrow (everything shipping is delayed right now 😭).

I just want to make sure it butts up to rear pic adapter with no issues. Designed for a sig mcx style minimalist stock. These stocks only generally use one picatinny groove and I think they complement the gk1 well.

Oh, here's a teaser of the previous iteration prior to the version I'm sitting on now. Cleaned up some of the lines vs the first one I shared.

The current version goes flush from the last rail to the bottom of the adapter just for some additional reinforcement

View attachment 427862
Looking good. Do you notice that it looks like a Lego Monster or Guerilla face? Maybe you can trademark that face.

Last edited:
Looking good. Do you notice that it looks like a Lego Monster or Guerilla face? Maybe you can trademark that face.
Aha that's a good one.

Now that I have seen this, I see a face in it all the time now!

Fingers crossed, looks like the minimalist stock is going to be delivered today so I can finish out some stress testing/fitment!

Reactions: Nutcracker
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the great posts here about the GK1. I was able to a lot of research while waiting, and waiting, and then receiving my .22 GK1 from Zack, aresairguns, his second batch. I have had it for about 2 weeks, and want to covert it into a micro-carbine for squirrel pesting.

I am a fairly basic recent airgunner, and I am a fairly basic 3d printer-er, but I am handy, having done PC modding since it existed (This is my current personal system).

Like most people in this thread, I started by creating an add-on to the receiver back plate, using longer M5 hex bolts to sandwich on to the back plate. I created a PLA plastic (that's the most basic 3d printing plastic) plate, bolted it on. Then I tried firing it. Although it was just a thin walled prototype, it got crushed! After a little bit of thought, it was like Duh! Most of have seen the explosive de-gassing method. Just looking at the parts again, also Duh! That's why it's a hefty piece of metal secured by 2 large M5 bolts.

Basically, by creating a sandwich, the original receiver end plate becomes a pneumatic hammer head into whatever you have between it and the bolts.

So: if you do the bolt-thru, make sure your material is hefty. For sure, if 3d printed plastic, it must be solid! I have actually communicated with Moistone--solid PETG seems the way to go.

I decided to go a whole 'nother route.

I realized, it might be best to keep the pistol integrity as close to original as possible--all we need are mounting points.

So I created what I will dub the Navig Screw Mod:

Navig Mod Screw small.jpg

I took an M5 hex standoff.
I shaved the hex off a little.
Then I added a slot.

This screw will replace the stock standard socket head M5 screws. The hex standoff acts as a permanent solid nut. The internal screws are an external mounting point. The slot allows me to tighten and loosen the screw. The original receiver end plate does it job. But now has a screw mount to add stuff to the surface.

Here is a video of me installing my mod screw, then adding a prototype adapter plate (I know its flat, just getting fitment right, then I will add picatinny or dovetail rails).

Really, the only downside I can see is that I could not find standoffs with bolt ends as long as the native bolts. But I find plenty of threads engaged, plus there are two of them--I don't envision them backing out at all.