Huben GK1 .22 or .25

Alright I’m about to order a GK1 finally and am trying to decide which caliber will be best. I will be doing a far amount of pesting and target shooting. I will probably turn it into a mini carbine at some point. Keep in mind my compressor only fills to like 310, so I doubt I’ll be filling it to max. I would like to get at least one mag with decent FPE.

I will likely shoot pellets but I’m curious how well it shoots slugs too.

Last edited:
i have a 22cal GK1 & i get 1 1/2 mags & my Coltri only fills my tanks to 4500psi ( i think i can turn it up , but don't want to), & lately i have been shooting JSB 18's, Kelly at krazcool turned mine up to 900 fps for Crosman cphp's 14's, wich i sometime shoot. all of my airguns are 22 cal , i don't like the expense of larger pellets..

Reactions: genericAGuser
i got a .22 because all my airguns are .22...
that said you can tune either one for one full mag. I keep mine at a 310bar fill (it leaks down to that anyway if i fill it to 350 bar - kelly says v1s have a .001 undersized valve) and I shoot 23gr AVS slugs at 850fps, then refill. I forget exactly what the stopping pressure is - i could get a few more shots but usually just refill air and ammo together.

If at some point you like to take the power way down to plink and have a lot of shots .22 for sure, if high shot count does not come into play at any point then .25
I have both and Nomadic Pirate’s comment is the way I use mine. The two can have a significant overlap in the power spectrum by selecting pellet weight and FPS, but basically the .22 shines at low to medium high FPE. The .25 shines at medium to high power.

My .22 is set up at 27 FPE and my .25 at 47 FPE. I use my .22 more due to slightly lower pellet cost, but the .25 always makes me smile when it hits a target with that power. Example- hitting a mandarin orange with my .22 will split it. That’s fun. The .25 eviserates it and sends the empty rind flying…that’s just awesome fun!😁

Reactions: maxtrouble