Giles does Saxon

I can't see the difference. I mean I can see that the Saxon is orange n stuff and they replaced the figured walnut with laminate but I can't see any difference between the Wolverine 1 and 2. 

I can usually see something but they seem identical. Can someone who is more familiar with the Wolverine shed some light?

I heard him say that the breach block was new but he didn't mention any benefits from that, or if it was exclusive to the Saxon or if it was a redesign for the Wolverine 2. 

It got the same same number of shots per fill. The old one was accurate. The new one is accurate. The shape is the same. They are both ambidextrous. Both come with a Huggett. The Huggett still works. JSB 18's worked best in the old one. They apparently work best in the new one too. Etc...

His shot string is tighter and manages a very tight spread over a larger fill window. I get 55 shots from 230 to 185 bar with a max spread of 12fps. He said 230 to 160 bar......70 shots......looks like a 10fps spread. There is something different with the hammer and valving going on. I dont know why people are hating on it. The wolvie 2 comes with a reflex......not huggett. The wolvie 1 came with a huggett. Neither comes with the full huggett and shroud......that is a 350 dollar add on. That is included with the saxon and in custom configuration. It also comes with a hard case. Add 350.....plus a hard case to the price of the wolvie 1 or 2. Whats that......like 450? If you like knives.......that knifemakers knives are well respected......and not cheap. Easily worth 200......probably a little more. So what are we up to.....650 or so. So.......Im not really paying anything for the bling......and I prefer laminate stocks. The icing on the cake for me is no regulator issues ever. I attended a benchrest match once. Most of the rifles were regged. When the line went hot you could hear everyone shoot.....like the second it was called hot. Everyone was shooting a shot to ensure the reg was settled before shooting any scoring shots. My wolverine is dead nuts every time.....on the first shot. Doesnt matter if its only been 2 seconds since my last shot.......or an entire week. Squirrel in backyard at 50 yards. Grab gun. First shot is dead on every time.

Wish it was in .30 cal...
@Marksman3006...you ever come to NY look me up...I wanna shoot that thing. I think that $2,500 tag was worth it.
I collect mid to high-end knives and that knife maker (R Harrington) is a known craftsman. He uses quality material (more bushcraft style) so you're getting a nice piece (hard to estimate a price without knowing what kind of steel and handle material used).

ddransomlWish it was in .30 cal...
@Marksman3006...you ever come to NY look me up...I wanna shoot that thing. I think that $2,500 tag was worth it.
I collect mid to high-end knives and that knife maker (R Harrington) is a known craftsman. He uses quality material (more bushcraft style) so you're getting a nice piece (hard to estimate a price without knowing what kind of steel and handle material used).

Will do

"Marksman3006"His shot string is tighter and manages a very tight spread over a larger fill window. I get 55 shots from 230 to 185 bar with a max spread of 12fps. He said 230 to 160 bar......70 shots......looks like a 10fps spread. There is something different with the hammer and valving going on. I dont know why people are hating on it. The wolvie 2 comes with a reflex......not huggett. The wolvie 1 came with a huggett. Neither comes with the full huggett and shroud......that is a 350 dollar add on. That is included with the saxon and in custom configuration. It also comes with a hard case. Add 350.....plus a hard case to the price of the wolvie 1 or 2. Whats that......like 450? If you like knives.......that knifemakers knives are well respected......and not cheap. Easily worth 200......probably a little more. So what are we up to.....650 or so. So.......Im not really paying anything for the bling......and I prefer laminate stocks. The icing on the cake for me is no regulator issues ever. I attended a benchrest match once. Most of the rifles were regged. When the line went hot you could hear everyone shoot.....like the second it was called hot. Everyone was shooting a shot to ensure the reg was settled before shooting any scoring shots. My wolverine is dead nuts every time.....on the first shot. Doesnt matter if its only been 2 seconds since my last shot.......or an entire week. Squirrel in backyard at 50 yards. Grab gun. First shot is dead on every time.
I've never had a regulator issue. I know some people have issues but that goes tor every part of every gun (the potential for issues). 

Check out the video Ted did where he compares the Wildcat to the Bobcat MK2 (it's his best and most useful video imo). The Bobcat MK2 has 470 cc of air which is not too different to the Wolverine but, it gets more shots at 48fpe than the Wolverine does at 30fpe. And that is not even FX's most efficient gun.

My Cricket 25 gets more than 60 shots with just 340cc of air with my current tune.

Regulators are awesome and really don't cause that much hassle. 

Having to fill your scba tank more often is hassle.

That aside, nobody is hating on the Saxon beyond expressing their preference for the traditional Wolverine styling. At least I'm not anyway. You can buy an aftermarket ref for the Wolverine now. I think Daystate guns are awesome. I just want one with a reg so it can be as efficient as my other guns.

That Saxon is a fine rifle. I have to agree, Daystate should be regulating their top shelf guns. I can appreciate and do own a few non-regulated guns, however, I didn't pay the top shelf prices for them. My regged guns never required a wasted shot after filling. I would think ones that do, should more than likely, need a rebuild on their reg. 

Like I said though, the Saxon looks and seems to perform quite well. Marksman3006, I hope you get it and shoot it a lot. I want to shoot it too, lol. The shroud and end can is crazy cool looking.