• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Gifted Beeman does not fire

57B8F2A5-AE41-4968-BE52-4A95B299B080.1601851821.jpeg
524C22D2-7348-4D06-8DF0-2CED729CFD6F.1601851823.jpeg
Hi All,

This is my first post, and though I am an experienced shooter, it has been forever since I have had an air rifle. My dad gave me his old Beeman, which has less than 100 rounds through it. He said it quit firing one day so he bought a Ruger and it has been in the safe ever since. 

I can’t tell what model number it is, and have no clue why it won’t fire. It breaks open, locks and engages the safety, and fires, with air coming out of the barrel, it just won’t move a pellet. Any help with the model, and or ideas on repair/maintenance would be appreciated!

Thank you!

If some air is coming out that's good but sounds like you may be dry firing it (no pellet in the barrel). That's not good and if that has been done repeatedly likely the piston seal has to be replaced also check the breech seal to see if it's intact. Also listen and feel if there is any scrapping or crunching noises when cocking as the spring may be broken. Only way to know for sure of any of this (other than the breech seal) is to disassemble. 

Thank you for the info. Only dry fired a couple of times to see if there was air coming out. No noise or scraping feeling. Breach seal looks perfect. Sounds like I will probably need to change the piston seal. No clue how these things come apart, or whether it is worth enough to repair it,. It is made in China, but has no discernible model number. Thank you for the help! 

Looks like a 1041 model that's only like 490fps MAX probably with unrealistic alloy pellets. Use only light pellets such as 7.0grain wadcutters or 6.9grain RWS Super-H or 7.4grain Crosman Pointed (only the 7.4 grain specifically). I wouldn't shoot anything heavier since that's a very low powered rifle probably won't shoot heavier pellets and get stuck in the barrel.

Check barrel to see no obstruction push out any blockage with a wooden or fiberglass non metal dowel rod. Never dry fire it.

Unfortunately that generation of Norica design Beemans have a terrible direct sear trigger and need a special Norica seal that can be hard to find. I would not put any money into that platform again. Yes, I said again. I have the next model up from that fully tuned with a Vortek seal that I use as a doorstop in my shed. For another $20 I could have replaced it with a brand new Flying Dragon XS12 for a low powered gun or an XS 25 for a full sized adult gun.