• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ghost or Uragan 2?

Hello All,
I’ve been very happy with my P-rod with a Sumo and a Sightmark Wraith mini for hunting rats and skunks on my property, but I’d like to get something with a better fit. The stock that comes with the Marauder is a joke and I bought an adapter from New England Airgun supplies for an AR stock but it’s all too sloppy. So I’ve been looking into getting a new gun.
I like the looks of the BRK Ghost compact. It seems like it has every feature I desire. I also like the AGT Uragan 2 compact. It’s lacking in external tuning features but seems to make up for it in accuracy and reliability. And there’s also the AAA EVOL mini, although it’s not a bullpup and has a shorter barrel. I’m sure any of these choices would be great for my needs (pesting and small game hunting), but I’d love to get the input from people who have shot these guns. Thanks

Your title reads Ghost or Uragan 2 but you also mention the EVOL I can't help with the Uragan 2 but I can compare the Ghost and the EVOL

While the Ghost is built well, and quite solid, the EVOL is more so. The Ghost is built better than many airguns, but very, very few airguns are built like an EVOL.

EVOL isn't really meant to be tinkered with or tuned. The Ghost was designed to be user adjustable. The EVOL can be adjusted, just not as easily as the Ghost.

And the most obvious, Ghost is a bottle gun and the EVOL is a tube gun. So plan on lower shot counts from an EVOL.

If your intended use is the truck gun where you take the opportune shot at a pesky ground squirrel here and there while you're irrigating, go EVOL. If you're wanting a hunting rifle for tree squirrels where there's a bag limit, go EVOL. If you are the type that can be content knowing that your gun likes one pellet at one speed and you don't have any desire to see if the performance from a different pellet at a different speed is "better" buy an EVOL and a couple sleeves of the same pellet that you've decided it likes. If you're the type that wants a dependable hunting tool that also happens to be top tier, go EVOL.

If you like to shoot for the sheer joy of shooting (I'm talking volume here) go Ghost. If the pesting you mention includes high volume shooting, go Ghost (again, more shots per fill). If you're a target shooter, go Ghost. If you want the option of swapping calibers, go Ghost. If you like to test various projectiles at various speeds, go Ghost. If you might be competing, go Ghost (tunability to get the most out of whatever is legal in your chosen competition).

Last edited:
Your title reads Ghost or Uragan 2 but you also mention the EVOL I can't help with the Uragan 2 but I can compare the Ghost and the EVOL

While the Ghost is built well, and quite solid, the EVOL is more so. The Ghost is built better than many airguns, but very, very few airguns are built like an EVOL.

EVOL isn't really meant to be tinkered with or tuned. The Ghost was designed to be user adjustable. The EVOL can be adjusted, just not as easily as the Ghost.

And the most obvious, Ghost is a bottle gun and the EVOL is a tube gun. So plan on lower shot counts from an EVOL.

If your intended use is the truck gun where you take the opportune shot at a pesky ground squirrel here and there while you're irrigating, go EVOL. If you're wanting a hunting rifle for tree squirrels where there's a bag limit, go EVOL. If you are the type that can be content knowing that your gun likes one pellet at one speed and you don't have any desire to see if the performance from a different pellet at a different speed is "better" buy an EVOL and a couple sleeves of the same pellet that you've decided it likes. If you're the type that wants a dependable hunting tool that also happens to be top tier, go EVOL.

If you like to shoot for the sheer joy of shooting (I'm talking volume here) go Ghost. If the pesting you mention includes high volume shooting, go Ghost (again, more shots per fill). If you're a target shooter, go Ghost. If you want the option of swapping calibers, go Ghost. If you like to test various projectiles at various speeds, go Ghost. If you might be competing, go Ghost (tunability to get the most out of whatever is legal in your chosen competition).
Agreed