Ghost or impact

FX replied to a recent post on Youtube that the M4 is not coming out next year. Which makes me wonder if that was something cryptic meaning we might get a surprise before the end of this year?
Unless there is an upgrade path, like from Mk2 to M3 (which seems unlikely if the Panthera block and plenum is used), it makes no sense for a company to provide that info because it will kill current sales.

Anyway I’m committing the sin of driving this off topic - this isn’t about looking into a crystal ball. I think it would be most helpful for the OP if people could relate more experience of the Ghost.

Slightly off topic, but I recently got an email from Tony Belas saying that Daystate have something special planned for the Alpha Wolf later this year, so maybe it’s a good idea to wait.

I'm guessing a new stock color maybe blue with a slug-specific barrel. What do I get if I guess correctly? :)

Very interesting. It definitely looks like a great gun. I was looking at the pathfinder in .22, but really wanted the option to tune down power vs lacking it. At 780FPS I am just not comfortable. It is kind of a bummer sense the gun breaks down for travel. The Ghost took care of the power issue. I have been reading a lot though on when pellets actually become unstable. Interesting stuff
I'm guessing a new stock color maybe blue with a slug-specific barrel. What do I get if I guess correctly? :)
How about a lb of lard?

• Haha
Reactions: EDventure
i have not handled the ghost.
but i do have an impact m3 compact in .25

dont think of the impact as only being a gun for people who like to turn knobs all the time lol

because alot of people who own one turn knobs without the slightest clue as to what they actually do lol

the impact is super easy to tune IMO,
but once tuned,i leave it be.

but it does make it very easy to retune for different ammo/power level.

and they are purdy to look at too :cool:

View attachment 374823

View attachment 374825
What bipod rail is that?

I can’t speak to the Impact, but when the Ghost came out and I handled it at AoA, I liked it so much that I took a chance and traded both my RedWolf HP .22 and Brocock Bantam Sniper .22 for the Ghost .22.

Absolutely great result. The Ghost has performed beyond my expectations. It’s easy to tune up or down, the form factor makes it easy to handle and move around with, accuracy is excellent. Using it, I don’t miss my previous air rifles, nice as the RedWolf truly is. And, I’m happy to say that I have no “gas” whatsoever for another air rifle.

From my own experience with it and reading the opinions of others here, I think it’s safe to say that the Ghost is a total home run for BRK/Daystate. If the rifle is a fit for one’s intended purpose, I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed with it.

52844544348_2cb80d0a48_b.jpg

Last edited:
I had a wildcat MKI in 22 and a Wildcat MKII compact in 25. I did sell them to buy other things, but they were accurate and of course not coyote worthy at all. I don’t know anything about the new Wildcat…If you are “stuck” on a 25 then my guess you will be shooting the 34’s or slugs.

The one thing I will say about the ghost is the ease of changing calibers. My 22 compact has a sister barrel a 177 compact. (OK it’s the wife’s 177 sister barrel to her 22 high power ghost, but I can use it 😎). I can also put either barrel on my 30 ghost If I wanted 2 compact rifles for a hunt.

I really like my 30 cal ghost, but you don’t get nearly as many pellets in a tin as you do in a tin of 25 cal. Not sure if this matters to you or not.

I am not here saying what caliber you need for coyotes, there are others on the forum that have more knowledge who hunt them.

All three brands you are thinking about will get the job done, but I really like my ghosts and all my other rifles have been collecting dust.

Tony P

Reactions: keith1
I had a wildcat MKI in 22 and a Wildcat MKII compact in 25. I did sell them to buy other things, but they were accurate and of course not coyote worthy at all. I don’t know anything about the new Wildcat…If you are “stuck” on a 25 then my guess you will be shooting the 34’s or slugs.

The one thing I will say about the ghost is the ease of changing calibers. My 22 compact has a sister barrel a 177 compact. (OK it’s the wife’s 177 sister barrel to her 22 high power ghost, but I can use it 😎). I can also put either barrel on my 30 ghost If I wanted 2 compact rifles for a hunt.

I really like my 30 cal ghost, but you don’t get nearly as many pellets in a tin as you do in a tin of 25 cal. Not sure if this matters to you or not.

I am not here saying what caliber you need for coyotes, there are others on the forum that have more knowledge who hunt them.

All three brands you are thinking about will get the job done, but I really like my ghosts and all my other rifles have been collecting dust.

Tony P

The gun durability?… Just simply look at the rest of the XR line… “all” are fairly “robust” PCPs. No wallflowers in the entire XR lineup.

@Hhall1, if I had to pick between the two…? The Ghost…
I can’t speak to the Impact, but when the Ghost came out and I handled it at AoA, I liked it so much that I took a chance and traded both my RedWolf HP .22 and Brocock Bantam Sniper .22 for the Ghost .22.

Absolutely great result. The Ghost has performed beyond my expectations. It’s easy to tune up or down, the form factor makes it easy to handle and move around with, accuracy is excellent. Using it, I don’t miss my previous air rifles, nice as the RedWolf truly is. And, I’m happy to say that I have no “gas” whatsoever for another air rifle.

From my own experience with it and reading the opinions of others here, I think it’s safe to say that the Ghost is a total home run for BRK/Daystate. If the rifle is a fit for one’s intended purpose, I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed with it.

52844544348_2cb80d0a48_b.jpg
DHart- that’s an awesome background. Great pic, btw.

Here’s my input regarding the ghost.
Someone tell me if these are readily available for this gun. The questions answered will assist me, the OP, along with a ton of other folks reading this thread-
1. Parts- readily available?
2. Drawings, schematics
3. O ring sizes along with fastener sizes given
4. Aftermarket support(if there are cool bolt on parts, please tell me who caries them)
5. Lastly, how is the customer support on this? If I call asking about say a harder than normal cocking effort, will I be offered suggestions to check and fix by a true service tech, or just be told to send it in?
6. Oh, one more- warranty. How long, and will it be voided if I perform my own service using factory parts?

DHart- that’s an awesome background. Great pic, btw.

Here’s my input regarding the ghost.
Someone tell me if these are readily available for this gun. The questions answered will assist me, the OP, along with a ton of other folks reading this thread-
1. Parts- readily available?
2. Drawings, schematics
3. O ring sizes along with fastener sizes given
4. Aftermarket support(if there are cool bolt on parts, please tell me who caries them)
5. Lastly, how is the customer support on this? If I call asking about say a harder than normal cocking effort, will I be offered suggestions to check and fix by a true service tech, or just be told to send it in?
6. Oh, one more- warranty. How long, and will it be voided if I perform my own service using factory parts?

Been evaluating a Ghost and sharing all my thoughts on it for just a few weeks shy of a year now....but I did not purchase it so fully acknowledge that I'm not the typical "customer."

1. Parts are available. I've been able to get everything that I need and Ive read many comments about typical consumers getting what they needed as well (different OEM hammer springs, hammers, valves, barrel kits, etc).

2. Schematics are in the manual and I've shared them in the ongoing review.

3. I've not seen oring or fastener sizes provided by BRK/Daystate. And that's the industry standard-majority of airgun manufacturers are not telling us what size bolt goes where. I DID measure the 8 orings that are in the valve or seal it in the chassis. I shared those sizes just in the last few days.

4. PRS makes some exceptional aftermarket add-ons. FORM grips in the UK is also making some really high end laminate grips. I added a billet grip from JMAC Customs about a month ago. Quality aftermarket baubles exist.

5. Can't really comment on customer support as I'm not a typical customer. I CAN tell you that AOA (sole importer) has wanted to know everything that I've learned and I'm told they report it back to parent company Daystate/BRK. So the retailer and manufacturer care to know what I'm learning as a high volume user/high mileage real-world tester.

6. BRK recently extended their warranty to be 3 years. I'm not sure what voids that warranty.

The Ghost is quality. BRK threw a lot of effort into making the Ghost their flagship. I've gotten every indication that they mean serious business when it comes to the Ghost. I've handled and shot most of the high-end airguns in the market and the Ghost as a product is right there with the best the industry has to offer. And the non-product parts that matter (warranty, parts support, long term viability of the manufacturer, etc) are there also.

Big thanks, Mr Franklink

You're welcome Augie.

Here's the PRS stuff: https://www.pr-s.co.uk/shop-1

And the FORM grips: https://formriflestocks.co.uk/product/brocock-target-grip/

And the billet grip I added: https://www.jmac-customs.com/skeletonized-pistol-grip-for-aks/

(Technically any AK grip will fit....and I kinda remember seeing an AK to AR grip adaptor somewhere but can't find the link right now).

And a link to the oring sizes within the ongoing Ghost evaluation/experience..Post in thread 'BRK Ghost Review' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/brk-ghost-review.1274213/post-1555544

Really didn’t want to start a new thread for a simple question so I hope someone that knows the ghost sees this. My question is are all the ghosts (across all calibers) internally the same. More specifically in hammer springs and hammer weight? Just curious if the .25 hp was bought would anything internal need to be changed to get the full potential taking a factory 25 up to 30 caliber ? Thanks guys.

Really didn’t want to start a new thread for a simple question so I hope someone that knows the ghost sees this. My question is are all the ghosts (across all calibers) internally the same. More specifically in hammer springs and hammer weight? Just curious if the .25 hp was bought would anything internal need to be changed to get the full potential taking a factory 25 up to 30 caliber ? Thanks guys.
Franklink would be the one to ask for sure as hes a doctor with this platform. His reviews and insights to various platforms are second to none. His ghost review thread should be essential reading for anyone with the rifle.

Its my understanding that nothing else needs to be changed besides the barrel and probe. They did change the port sizes on some barrels (at least the 177) to keep from needing to change anything internally on the rifle. A simple yet effective solution for changing calibers.

Reactions: Trucker3573