• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Ghost (Fady Kiwan) 'World Record' Edition Rifle with 28" barrel

Received today. Even with snow and very cold. No delays.
The few things I can say besides the beauty and fit finish excellent is awesome trigger and looks excellent thought out!
IMG_0147.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

Reactions: lutrev
After talking with Shane at AOA: The tensioner for the barrel is tensioned at the factory and if taken apart would be difficult to re-tensioned. So this could be reproduced but it would require so trial and error. Then he stated in the 'future' BRK will have tensioned barrels caliber kits (with probe) and kits to tension shrouded older barrels.
My look last night taking off the barrel to clean: The muzzle cap is cemented to the barrel (no tension spring) so the tension is induced at the factory and then the collar towards the breach (with 6 grub screws) firmly against to the chassis. The picatinny rail/chassis has a metal shim so the interface (barrel/chassis) tensioned nice n tight. The cocking handle now has a steel bushing at the pivot (by by brass). The fit and is even better than my x-Delta Wolf. The barrel transfer port is beveled and smoothed much better than my x-DW. Pushing a pellet through the barrel was super easy and much less deformation compared to any Daystate barrel I have had before. Also trigger is or never be 6oz light but most likely 12-18oz ish at lowest setting. Very very crisp and well defined break.
Well Small update. The weather report is sunday to monday until wind chill comes back down to 30 degrees. So range report is a week (fingers crossed).
Charlie

Reactions: Bandito
Then he stated in the 'future' BRK will have tensioned barrels caliber kits (with probe) and kits to tension shrouded older barrels.
I hope BRK doesn’t go the way of its competitor by offering barrel tensioning kits and other doodads in the name of $$$ because the Ghost really doesn’t need them. (It might even be a detriment to the company’s reputation because it would mean negating the engineering that went into the gun’s original design.) There is a YouTube video posted by a member here (or formerly one) wherein he shows how POI remains unchanged after twisting and torquing the barrel with considerable force. I too have done the same and even went further by testing for any barrel-position change using a barrel-mounted laser then torquing and twisting the barrel and checking if the laser dot moved from its previous position, only for it to yield the same result as that in the formerly mentioned test.

Last edited:
...I wish I saw this thread before...I didn't see the World Record when browsing AoA's website...

...I only found it by using a specific search for it after seeing this thread...

...it looks like only the .25 version is in stock...the site says the .22 and .30 are available for pre order but no shipping method is available...

...does the limited production of 250 include all calibers...???...

...I would do this but I just spent too much to swing it on a .22 Ghost HP...I tried to get the order changed but it looks like it has shipped...

...FWIW I do not see the World Record as overpriced considering that with a moderator and one magazine the HP came to over $2500...

...I already very much like the .25 but it has limited utility in CT as the state considers it a "big bore", legal for deer on private land, and prohibits it's use on state land...

...I don't have access to private land for hunting in CT...

...I inadvertently broke the law by carrying an AirForce Talon in .25 on state forest land before I understood this...it pays to research the laws...!!!...

...I most certainly was not hunting deer with it, and think that would be a stunt and inhumane...

...the state of CT does not consider the .22 Long Rifle adequate for deer so I don't understand how they can consider a .25 caliber air rifle so...

...from what I can gather no .22 rimfire, including .22 Magnum, is legal for deer in CT...but a .25 caliber pellet gun is...!?!...

The price is interesting but the silver/blaze editions (nicer colars) are 2589$, the ACRA rail 200-250 the silencer 100-125$, improved scope mount 150-170$, improved bolt handle 40-50$.
A decent deal but just my .02$
Charlie
...does a silencer ship with the World Record Ghost...???...I didn't see that @ AoA...

...I did eventually see that the World Record Ghost is posted on the PCP page at AoA, but not on the Brocock page...

...also, the .25 WRG is not in stock...that was an oversight on the website...that may be corrected by now...

...I am considering spinj's words on the barrel tensioner...I still like the concept though...

...I also really dig the 28" barrel with only a 1.4" difference in OAL between the WR and the HP with a 23" barrel...

...I assume that the 35" OAL of the WR is not a misprint...

...if I understand correctly the trigger is much improved over the already good trigger on the basic Ghosts...???...

...I can't see me passing on this unless I miss out...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandito
.25 was available 2 days ago. I bought the last one they had on shelf. The shipping tracker has it getting to me tomorrow.
...that explains why it was still listed as in stock, eh...if I could hunt on state land with a .25 in CT you would have been preordering...(grin)...

...did it ship with a suppressor...???...

...the bottom rail looks worth the extra weight...

Yes it comes with suppressor and as far as the bottom rail you can feel the added weight. The suppressor does its job well. I shot the first few shots without it and it had a decent bark. When I shot it with the suppressor on I thought it had lost some speed because of the way it sounded. I checked it with my Fx crono and it shot mid 900’s with and without it on. I wanted the .30 cal, but I’m an impatient person so .25 was the only one they had, so that’s what I bought.

Reactions: Hapo
...thanks...

...if you don't mind me quizzing you, what pellet weight were you shooting...???...

...do you have a regular Ghost...???...if so, is there a noticeable difference in the trigger...???...

...I have a .22 Ghost HP in the mail but am strongly considering returning it, to the extent that I have made a deposit on a .22 World Record rifle...

...I too want a .30, and had also considered just keeping the .22 HP and putting a deposit on a .30 WR as well but, as noted, the caliber restriction in CT would limit my use of such a rifle...not to mention doing so would clean out my bank account...

...one thing that really twigs me aboot the WR rifle is that, according to specifications, the 29" barrel increases the OAL a mere 1.4" over the OAL of the HP rifle with a 23" barrel...(33.6" vs 35")...

...the limited production aspect is more of a PITA than an attraction to me, and I actually prefer the aesthetics and weight of the HP rifle...

...the mechanical improvements and the potential performance enhancements they might provide override those considerations...

...to be honest I am still in a quandary here...if I were to cancel the preorder on the WR rifle, I could maybe afford a Huben GK1, eh...

Last edited: