• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Ghost .30 initial thoughts..

After putting some bits on it & going over the rig with a fine eye, I'm pleased with the fit,finish & especially ergo. I had planned to mount my warne 11mm cz rail adaptor & use a specific 1 piece mount but when I removed factory rail quickly realized it's not a 11mm rail on the ghost . It more a 3/8 rail with 45 degrees vs 11mm & 60 degrees. My ring centerline from top of of dovetail is 1" 3/4 as it is with the factory 1913/dovetail mount which puts me good for eyebox. What suprised me was when I flipped that factory rail over to measure is the quality of maching on it,. It realy is quite good & BRK could have easily cheaped out on it by not giving us a complete contact all the way to bottom of dovetail rail. I'll just use low .9 " rings for now as eye box is perfect & maybe revisit using a 1 piece ring mount. . I also like the fact you can grab the rig just behind the scope & carry off with it. Same place I grab my uragan. Got some new bits coming for compressor so well see how it shoots soon enough. I'll start with jsb .44s.

3851951931880610065.jpg

5 shot with Jsb 44 @ 100 & no tuning done just outa box adjustments. I tried some 50's & they showed promise too. I did have a problem with my cocking lever coming loose as it uses one of the dovetail top bolts to pivot on. It keeps coming loose as this bolt is full threaded & certaily shouldn't be, thankfully the linkage does have a bushing. This bolt should only be partial threads obviously. I had AoA swao it to left side before I got so maybe the right side bolt is indeed partially threaded . I'll have to check it. I did try blue locktite but no go,, still comes loose & don't want to try to tighten any further as it will strip. I don't want to have to clean degrease that damn hole & all that when a proper bolt is the actual fix.
Joe

PXL_20230707_204413996.jpg

Here you go

Tony P.