Getting your children out hunting with you even with physical limitations...

My son has some physical limitations but loves to hunt. I have been working on a plan to get him involved more than just being with me hurting. Noticed he always had a hard time seeing the critter and always asked "did you get him". I wanted to give him more of a POV look it to the process even though he can't quite shoot himself. Came up with this idea. 

Take a go pro or firefly and hook it to the scope normally and then hook up a mirrored high definition monitor to it using HDMI cable. Now he can hold the monitor, see what I see through the scope, and enjoy the hunt 100 fold compared to before. I want to thank Orion for helping me with this idea! As you can see in the picture he holds the monitor and sees what I see. Just an idea for the next person that wants to get out with their little guy that can't do it on his own. #dadwin

1B78666B-D704-43A6-BEFE-A9467048B451.1653933663.jpeg

I would personally use a lens on the camera that are more "zoomed" into the reticle, all the black around the circular picture are a waste in my view.

Using wifi to connect / preview what a camera see, these days are okay though there still are a little latency, but at least now we are talking fractions of a second where it use to be / have been well over a second, so with targets that do not move fast or much i do consider it viable.

Kudos with getting jr included.

Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing, and kudos to you for getting him involved!

When you actually get him out on a hunt where he can see what's happening, you'll need a second camera on his expression, because that'll be better than any trophy you hunt!

My wife is going out with us soon so I can post how it looks for him from his POV. Plus I get the wife out also, more time with the whole family. My goal is to get this to be a family hobby eventually. Maybe not the hunting part but shooting at least. My wife likes the idea of learning how to shoot the airguns, so that is a huge win there. The seed has been planted lol.