Getting to know your scopes

I test every scope I buy for repeatability and for turret accuracy , I run my stuff threw box tests tall target tests , I dont keep scopes which dont tract or return to zero , But I also buy very hi end glass and teir 1 German glass , Id rather have a 2k scope and a 500 dollar gun then the other way around , so with glass I buy the very best I can afford and buy it 1 time ,

alot of junk out there LOU

You guys are sick puppies. I don't ever check my scopes cuz if I did I would have to replace most of them. I just put o-rings around the ocular so things don't move around so much and that's that. That always werqed fine for me until this post now the addiction is starting to act up again. ;^) See what you have done now? I have a bad feeling this is going to cost me $$$.

Yes, I test all. Wow, 2K for a scope is out of my budget. I never paid more than $500. Guess I don't know what I am missing and since I have more urgent things to spend 2 gran on I don't want to. A few less medical bills and maybe I would consider. No I wouldn't come to think of it as I am sure the guys paying $2000 for a scope have much better rifles than I and are much better shooters than me. But yea, if you can afford it and have the ability and rifle to justify a high end scope pretty sure you can assume it will hold zero and track well.

Some advice;

Most good quality riflescopes are within 2% tracking error, this can also be true of expensive scopes but they are often within 1% tracking error. To give perspective, and using a mil scope for example, that equates to 1 click/.1mil off perfect, in 10 mils/100clicks of adjustment. In other words you won't miss something with 1% tracking error, and yes even that can be accounted for in a ballistic program.

One of my strategies over time, even years, is to sell the cheaper scopes and upgrade to higher quality scopes as I can afford to. Or put the cheaper scopes on rifles that I typically won't be shooting farther distances. 

I found that I could not suffer poor glass quality, crappy turrets, and most everything else that comes with really cheap scopes! What's a really cheap scope? It's "that" scope you regretted buying shortly after the purchase.

At some point I said to myself many years ago, c,mon man, quit being a cheap ass, lol, and spend a little more money. Life got more tolerable afterwards. 

Something very important is doing research. Meaning which scopes are front runners that get above average reviews. The Athlon Midas TAC series is one of them and became a big hit because it feels and acts like a $1000 scope for almost half the price - hint. As someone previously mentioned, there are a bunch of funky scopes out there that a guy could be much worse off with for various reasons.