Brocock/BRK Getting the next generation interested

My sons asked if he could go shooting with me a few times. I decided to let him have a try, he certainly showed he’s been paying attention and showed excellent discipline. Although he can’t fully shoulder the rifle yet he definitely adapted his own style….. well it worked for him 👍🏼👍🏼 he chose my .177 BRK ghost along with the .177 pathfinder out the cabinet and we headed down to our local range ( humberside shooting ground, east yorks, uk )
I checked the zero on both rifles then let Louis have a try with the ghost. He was over the moon to hit the target first go. He was confidently knocking 20mm spinners out at 40-50 yards. I set him a challenge to try and hit the bull on a paper target out at 50y. The result…… his smile says it all !
Safe to say his new obsession is going to cost me 😂

IMG_8497.jpeg

IMG_8498.jpeg

IMG_8499.jpeg

IMG_8496.jpeg

My sons asked if he could go shooting with me a few times. I decided to let him have a try, he certainly showed he’s been paying attention and showed excellent discipline. Although he can’t fully shoulder the rifle yet he definitely adapted his own style….. well it worked for him 👍🏼👍🏼 he chose my .177 BRK ghost along with the .177 pathfinder out the cabinet and we headed down to our local range ( humberside shooting ground, east yorks, uk )
I checked the zero on both rifles then let Louis have a try with the ghost. He was over the moon to hit the target first go. He was confidently knocking 20mm spinners out at 40-50 yards. I set him a challenge to try and hit the bull on a paper target out at 50y. The result…… his smile says it all !

View attachment 449009

View attachment 449010

View attachment 449011

View attachment 449012
Wonderful , simply wonderful . Good job . love the inventive hold .

You just sparked a memory of my dad taking me to the range. I took 5 shots with his Remington 7mm magnum PB and I put 4 in the same hole and the other was right beside but never broke the paper for a one hole. If I were to guess, I might have been 10yrs old? That rifle kicked hard and I still remember his voice saying, "keep the stock tight to your shoulder, steady and squeeze the trigger.

My dad was so proud......I miss my dad!

You're son will remember that day forever. Nice shooting kid!

That's awesome man! My son started the same way with my guns. Now he has claimed a few as his own. I now have my daughter that is starting to show interest in shooting now. One thing is to not push them to much. You don't want them to shut down and not want to shoot anymore.

Let them have fun and keep things interesting. My son loves shooting exploding bottles. Take a pop bottle and fit a rubber bung into the top. Drill a 5mm hole in the top and fill with around 80 psi of air. Set out and let them shoot. When hit they sound like a firebird target but MUCH cheaper!

View attachment 449009

View attachment 449010

View attachment 449011

View attachment 449012
Best bonding time ever! He took to it very well it seems.

Reactions: Matt Fletcher