FX Getting started

Their are many guns, opinions etc. and variables to what would need to be considered but FX is an industry leading company for a reason. I am sure if that's what you chose for whatever reason you did, it would be well worth it, and likely easy to resell if need be.
I wouldn't say that, the used market is very saturated with used FX guns and most won't sell unless you price them with about a 30-40% cut from what you got it for. But FX is great when to comes to parts, service, information and ease of use.

@Jamorello what are you looking for in a pcp?

welcome.
these folks are the right people to ask.
They get this question a lot.
Please provide more information. The more detailed you are the more they can advise you.
Caliber?
Main plan for usage? Target, hunting, pesting, etc.
Budget?
Depth of pockets? lol
Marital status? Kidding, sort of.

Good luck and welcome to the rabbit hole.

Doc

Reactions: maxtrouble
Either gun maverick or ghost will suit you fine. Excellent choices. The bonus for the fx is pointed out by another post. Many used fx guns on the market which forces prices down. In my opinion there are more not because they are bad but I bet many more are sold than brk ghosts. The Maverick in my experience obsessively watching the classifieds is
the least coveted high end fx there is. Not sure why as they are a great shooter but sellers must give them away. Find one still under warranty and you can’t go terribly wrong.

Depending of how much you want to invest and how much time you are in a position to wait until your rifle is shooting perfectly.

I will assume you do not have a budget limitation, ok?

1.- Daystate Delta Wolf

Advantages

- Easiest rifle to adjust setting, you just tell the inside computer what is your caliber, your weight of pellet, the fps you want, and with that data the rifle adjust itself.

- You can change calibers ,177 to .30)

- Super quality and super accurate "with pellets".

Disadvantages

- Shoots only pellets.

- Each two months aprox you need to charge the battery.

2.- BRK Ghost.

- Almost the same than the Delta, but you need a chrony ad make adjustments manually.

3- Sidewinder.

Advantages.

- Semi auto, (what is absolutely comfortable).

- Super easy to adjust power.

- Super accurate "with pellets".

- easiest rifle on market to change caliber (just among 22 and 25 cals).

Disadvantage

- weird trigger that you need to get to know how to control it, and it is not adjustable.

- shooting it causes addiction and lack of memory in regard you own other air rifles.

4- FX Meccano shooting line (Maverick included)

Quite similar to BRK Ghost, but much more difficult to make it shoot as you want. Once you get there, the rifle will feel fantastic.

5- Vulcan 3 or Uragan 2.

Advantages.

- They shoot PERFECTLY, PERFECTLY well out of the box with both, pellets and slugs.

- Built as a tank.

- Two magazines included.

Disadvantages.

- Just one manometer, so it is very difficult to know the preassure on regulator, it is a rifle designed not to be playing with the settings.

- No caliber changes.

6- Daystate Red Wolf

Advantages

- Once you find the right pellet, the rifle is super accurate out of the box

- super smooth and comfortable to shoot.

- You will want to make a place on the wall of your living room to exhibit it near by your favorite painting.

Disadvantage.

- No Cal change.

- Need to charge battery each two months aprox.

Any one you choose, buy a compressor.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that, the used market is very saturated with used FX guns and most won't sell unless you price them with about a 30-40% cut from what you got it for. But FX is great when to comes to parts, service, information and ease of use.

@Jamorello what are you looking for in a pcp?
It’s saturated with impacts lol

Reactions: JaceSpace1369