Getting off the toypod

Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
So i have now worked myself up to not have / liking the toypod and the bottle clamp on my gun ( not spending on the K&L chassis for my Maverick )

So as we spend a lot of time at the bench / a table, then i went with something cheaper, at least compared to a quality bipod + a K&L chassis for the Maverick.

By the looks of it all i am optimistic, but i am eagerly awaiting better weather to go test this new toy.

Also,,,,,,, ordered some more pellets for the collection :)

Caldwell "the rock" BR is now keeping my spirits, and barrel up.

IMG_20220113_164032.1642089789.jpg

Examining the thing, and realizing that as is there is no way in hell the thing can clamp down on my bottle, i have already made plans for modification.

Also as i want to be able to clamp down the whole gun and it being rock stable when reloading, i need to be able to be able to firmly affix everything to our bench.

This way i can closely analyze what the pellets / barrel do VS having the shooter skill to factor in too, cuz watching others shoot and saying the pellets do so and so,,,,, i do not have that high thoughts about my own shooting skill to be able to do that with a strait face.

I am glad I did not spend more then just a clone - for a bipod and as expected I didn't like it from a very first day.

But the tripods costed me arms and legs and two livers in a last decade, when I got my Impact a first upgrade was a long arca rail. I have a big box of tripod heads from leveling heads to gimbals, along my time shooting at the bench and I developed some preferences. I know I want a one piece rest, building it currently and expecting to finish before the snow melts (-33C btw at my place these days ;\ ).

This was my last year BR setup with a heavy duty tripod, legs filled with lead shots:

20211016_115820.1642224189.jpg

I made a crude mock up for my chrono holder, just a couple of holes, and some not strait metal and painters tape, but it worked even in this crude form.

Clearly the final product will have to be made from better raw materials, and bend to shape with more than my vice grip "meat cleavers". :)

IMG_20220119_202626.1642620949.jpg

I am contemplating if a little gorilla pod wasent more easy to deal with, then again thats not different, and i like different.