Getting Leery with an issue at Pyramyd Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read for years what a great company PA is if you have an issue with a new AG. some go so far to say, "If you don't like it", you can return for something else. 

In years of dealing with P.A., I have never had a need to return an order of any kind. 

I find that I am now stuck in an ongoing saga, that is really wearing me down. 
In November a Rainstorm II was ordered, but the delivery (instock date) kept changing. Finally in frustration, I ordered a Nova instead.

Ended up liking the Nova just fine, Heavy but as I shoot mostly bench, not really an issue, And the high shot count was a Big +!

The gun was very inaccurate when it first arrived. 27 yards, .25 MK II's were 4'5", and JSB 25 gr. were over 1 1/2" This was at just 27 yards folks.

It did start to improve by the third outing, but never got good. 1 1/4" to 1/1/2" at 27 yards, 2" to 1 3/4 at 50 yards. (it was pure shotgun at 50 at first) It just never would group.

Removed the bbl. and found heavy striations crossing the lands for the first 2 1/2" of the breach end, and a ring 1/4" in the bbl. on the muzzle end. 

I contacted P.A. and they issued a RMA after several days after the conversation. 

UPS picked up the gun 4 days later. 

Now I get what looks to be a standard form letter stating that I will be charged a 20% re-stocking fee + return shipping to PA if the issues are not as I describe.

This is not at all what I have been hearing on this and other forums for years. I feel like I'm being held hostage. Now I read from them that it will take up to 10 days after they receive the AG to look at it and make a decision. 

I feel as though I am dealing with some outfit in the Desert now, rather than P.A. And It looks like I will have been waiting on a working 
AG for close to two months from the company that I have done business with for over 11 years. GRRRRRR!!! 

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I don't know if this is standard or I am just getting a little fed up? Or just plain screwed over.

Knife

Central Texas

Reactions: Michael
Sad to hear of your frustration and I hope it all works out for you.

After saying this, I feel the need to comment on the; "feel as though I am dealing with some outfit in the Desert" statement. I fail to see why you felt the need to drag Air Guns of Arizona into your issue with Pyramyd Air. What does AoA have to do with this?

I had a issue with a Airgun that you couldn’t hit a barn with at 20 yards,seriously you would hit dirt..anyway I called the company I got it from and they said....As long as I didn’t mess with the Airgun and the issue was as I explained they would take care of it and if not I was responsible for shipping and all repairs.....Well they got it and tested it out and found out it had a bent shroud, you could not physically see the bend but it was there, I tried 4 different scopes and called it quits and called them about it.......Not only did they pay for shipping they sent me a New Airgun, I still do business with them..They made the...as long as I didn’t take it apart thing...pretty clear...

I have been a gunsmith for over 45 years. When I explained the issue with accuracy, I was told to please check the bbl. Port for burs,the crown and Lede. I did exactly what I was told to do! And Pyramyd air is aware of my many years of machining/gunsmithing/Knife Making experience. 

Secondly, removing a bbl. with a shroud for cleaning or replacing damaged "O" rings is common practice. Nothing unusual removing a bbl. for inspection. this in not normally considered a disassembly of an ag. as an ag's bbl, unlike a typical PB is not fixed.

Secondly, I have NOT REQUESTED a Refund. Only an exchange or repair. Period. 

This has been posted on two respected ag forums. One old and respected, and here, an newer proving itself forum. 

There were NO negative at all on the other forum.

Disheartening to see such a difference here. 

Knife

Knife,
I hardly think this forum is still "proving itself". How many other forums have all the Major sponsors responding to members concerns. I have seen post from Pyramyd Air (right above), Airgun Depot, Crosman, FX, Edgun just to name a few. I had a problem with Crosman and it seemed the problem was immediately taken care of after a post here on AGN. 

After reading this thread it might appear that using a different approach might receive better support from both the sponsors and members. This whole forum is about better exchange of information between members. It has been a welcome surprise that the sponsors have jumped on board making this forum like no other. It's about collaborating information to improve and promote this hobby. If you have a legitimate grip or problem you are welcome to share your problem. On the other hand, this forum discourages ranting and out right badmouthing. We as members do want to know what problems are going on but we do not want to read through a thread dedicated to trashing a sponsor. 
I hope this is received in the manner that it was intended, as helpful advise and not an attack. If you with to respond please PM me.

Doc

PS- It looks like PA is going to take care of you as they value members on this forum

How would pyramid Air know this guys credentials as , whatever he says he is?
I could call Pyramid air and tell than that I am a former president to the United States.
Seems like such a respected gunsmith, and knife maker would know how to make a simple return without bashing other airgun vendors.
Then he turns right around and attacks this forum because he feels like he should be coddled like a small child. Like the other forum that he referenced without naming names.
And NOW he's over there bashing this forum, Calling all the members here negative and rude. Next will be jumping up and down and stomping his feet.

Reactions: BigTinBoat
It seems like a non issue to me. Form letters are just a generic response, often created by legal departments to cover the butt of the retailer. Let’s face it, there are people out there that try to scam companies and even though they might believe you and trust you, they are most likely required to send you that form letter or even their computer system automatically sends it out to everyone.

I would relax, it’s most likely not personal.

"knifemaker"I have been a gunsmith for over 45 years........ Nothing unusual removing a bbl. for inspection. this in not normally considered a disassembly of an ag. as an ag's bbl, unlike a typical PB is not fixed.

Knife

Well isnt this odd??????????A gunsmith of 45 years claiming that powder burner barrels are , " fixed in place." ??????????????
While airgun barrels can be removed.

Judging by Pyramyd Air's response on this forum; I would say that they are on the ball with customer service. Yes, it sucks that some people will try and pull a fast one on retailers. This is why retailers have to cover their @$& by sending the letter that Knifemaker received. The one thing that sounds like it need to be addressed is the time at which the letter was sent. Knifemaker's statement leads me to believe that he was informed about the possibility of a restocking fee after he sent the rifle back. A person making a return should be informed of any such fees before the item is returned.
I will say that the service I have received from PA has been top notch and I am impressed with their fast response to this issue (under 16 hrs from time of posting here).

really?whats all the fussing about?knifemaker you didn't do or say anything out of the way.PA is busy and they will get to you and take care of your poor shooting rifle...i don't know where AOA is and don't really care but in my estimation he(knifemaker)wasn't bashing them just using words to paint a picture...everybody CALM DOWN. this site is to be enjoyed...

Reactions: Rodeo
"knifemaker"Simply because it has been commonly posted that the threat is typical of them, and has been an issue for years.

There are several dealers in the desert. Perplexed that you felt the need to name one. Not needed for this thread at all.
Knife 
You contradict yourself in two sentences. Really? Plausible deniability is generally plausible, you knew that right? You are correct about one one thing, the implication against AoA was never needed, but it was obviously intended.

Let me get this straight; You got your panties in a bunch because PA told you what they might need to do if you did not clearly represent the problem. You came here and went to another forum as well to whine about it. This forum (apparently) did not completely agree with you. Meanwhile you insulted AoA, PA, and this forum. Well done.

One of the other users suggested you need a hug. You need something but it ain't a hug.

Reactions: BigTinBoat
"ohio_hunter"really?whats all the fussing about?knifemaker you didn't do or say anything out of the way.PA is busy and they will get to you and take care of your poor shooting rifle...i don't know where AOA is and don't really care but in my estimation he(knifemaker)wasn't bashing them just using words to paint a picture...everybody CALM DOWN. this site is to be enjoyed...

AMEN to that. Can't believe the replies Knive received re. his post.........Who's bashing who?

Status
Not open for further replies.