• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Getting Leery with an issue at Pyramyd Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is alittle on the ridiculous side. He voiced his concerns and that was all. No need to rail on the guy. He might be new here but he's very respected on a different forum. Also PA did respond on that forum as well. He's getting taken care of by them so that's great but don't see why there's so much negativity. No one knows his personal dealings from other dealers in the past. No one's perfect. Let's not be so quick to judge guys.

Reactions: Maineiac
"Dairyboy"This is alittle on the ridiculous side. He voiced his concerns and that was all. No need to rail on the guy. He might be new here but he's very respected on a different forum. Also PA did respond on that forum as well. He's getting taken care of by them so that's great but don't see why there's so much negativity. No one knows his personal dealings from other dealers in the past. No one's perfect. Let's not be so quick to judge guys.
100% Agree! 
High Road! It's there if you look for it! 

Nothing more to see here! "These are not the droids you're looking for!"

"ohio_hunter"hey there maineiac I know where its at,you think I that stupid?maybe you need to pipe down some....I have also seen many bad reviews of them(AoA)and NEVER would use them for that simple fact...bash me as you want you cannot effect me in any way...so run your gobbler I don't care.
My apologies! When you said “I don’t know where AoA is” I took you at your word. Silly me!

Now, can we get back to ranting about form letters please? :)

So what does he do? Runs to various forums bad mouthing AoA. He has never purchased a gun from AoA. So he decides to parrot, what he heard.
So now, His buddies from that other forum are showing up here in his defense. Why? Because he went over there and whined about over here, and about how awful he has been treated. Like a 7 year old who didn't get his way.
Claimed to be a gunsmith for 45 years, yet explained to us all that you can remove and airgun barrel because it is not " fixed" in place like a Powder burner. When you take your guns to a gunsmith, take them to a gunsmith, just not this gunsmith. Especially if you want to replace your barrel. And just for his information, going forward. Powder burner barrels are not " fixed" in place.

That's right. while airgun barrels are generally held in place with nothing more than a couple of set screws, A PB Hi Power bbl is torked into place. It takes a proper barrel vice and tools to remove one properly. In other words, if you do not have the proper tools and equipment, do not touch that Weatherby, Remington, Winchester, or any other hi-power bbl. 

And who has not done business with AOA, and Who mentioned AOA? I didn't 

the fact that I know how to do both, and you don't know the difference, says it all. I have never seen so much arrogance mixed with ignorance on a subject in my life. Perhaps if you dealt with other dealers, you would know that it is perfectly fine to check the interior of a barrel. Just not from a dealer that down not like to honor warranties. Any excuse is better than none I guess.

By the way, there are those at PA that know my history and capability. As do many around the Western World. What exactly are the know-it-alls here known for? And by Whome.?

I think I will move on over to a forum of more knowledgeable adults, and leave the possibly well intentioned yet uneducated in ag's to themselves. 

"knifemaker"That's right. while airgun barrels are generally held in place with nothing more than a couple of set screws, A PB Hi Power bbl is torked into place. It takes a proper barrel vice and tools to remove one properly. In other words, if you do not have the proper tools and equipment, do not touch that Weatherby, Remington, Winchester, or any other hi-power bbl. 
And who has not done business with AOA, and Who mentioned AOA? I didn't 
the fact that I know how to do both, and you don't know the difference, says it all. I have never seen so much arrogance mixed with ignorance on a subject in my life. Perhaps if you dealt with other dealers, you would know that it is perfectly fine to check the interior of a barrel. Just not from a dealer that down not like to honor warranties. Any excuse is better than none I guess.
By the way, there are those at PA that know my history and capability. As do many around the Western World. What exactly are the know-it-alls here known for? And by Whome.?
I think I will move on over to a forum of more knowledgeable adults, and leave the possibly well intentioned yet uneducated in ag's to themselves. 

Why come back on and "fan the flames"? I honestly don't think 95% of the replies were actually questioning your abilities, Maybe if you came back on on explained WHY you put:

"I feel as though I am dealing with some outfit in the Desert now, rather than P.A. "

in your original post everything would be cleared up.

1) Who were you referencing?
2) Why did you reference them?
3) Did you have some "bad" experience with them?

I kinda don't think you have an "good" answer for these questions. Based on you dealing with PA for 11 years, apparently on a first name basis, and making this post after only receiving a generic form email response, I think we would have seen some other posts if you had actually gotten a "bad" deal from whom ever you are going to tell us you were referencing.

This is spiraling out of control fast. Knife - you probably overreacted a bit about a standard PA company policy and by dragging other vendors into it and ragging on this forum based on the conduct of few people.

Sometimes words on the internet can get taken out of context and it’s hard to infer tone from a forum post so since the issue appears to have been resolved by PA we should probably let this thread die rather than let it devolve into a forum war.

PA is good
AoA is good
AGN is good
GTA is good

#grouphug

Status
Not open for further replies.