FX Getting frustrated with my Dreamline GRS stock

I recently returned a GRS Dreamline stock to Utah Airguns. The first one had some minor damage, but if I'm buying new I'm expecting none of that, so I returned it. Today, I received the replacement, and fitting it to the frame has been impossible. I know fitment of these things is tight, but the force I'm using doesn't even compare to the install video I'm watching. His slips in with minimal force:

I'm having to use all of my might, and things still aren't fitting together. I actually called Utah Airguns for some advice. They suggested coating the frame with Ballistol, but it's still not happening. I don't know if this is operator error or not, but my patience is wearing thin here. And don't even get me started on trying to remove the stock without damaging the thing. I was, eventually, able to. What I found inside was that just about everything on the gun was grinding against the inside of the stock. Again, I know fitment is tight, but this is ridiculous. The biggest issue is the ridge near the airtube. I think this is what's preventing me from moving the stock back far enough.

Do I roll the dice again? I'm sure Utah Airguns is getting sick of me, but, man... I just want one that's not damaged and actually fits the rifle.

IMG_2536.jpgIMG_2535.jpgIMG_2533.jpg

Reactions: oaks1450
If you want me to take some measurements on my stock I will. Just let me know. I have the same stock and gun. When I took the action out of my stock for the first time it was tight, but since then it has been no problem.

Would be nice to compare measurements, thanks. I assume I'm the problem, but that last 20% or so is so tight that it scares me. Anyway, here are the measurements on mine:

IMG_2538.pngIMG_2537.png

Would be nice to compare measurements, thanks. I assume I'm the problem, but that last 20% or so is so tight that it scares me. Anyway, here are the measurements on mine:

View attachment 405103View attachment 405104
Just woke up and saw your reply. These are the measurements I came up with. I can’t believe that you’re doing something wrong. It really should go in an out with no real problems at all. If it continues gives you problems maybe just send everything back to where you got the stock and have them install it and have them assure you that it goes in and out freely. As of now, that little ding you have isn’t bad at all, as it’s mostly on the inside. It will also be able to tell you if you get the same one back.
IMG_7052.jpeg
IMG_7051.jpeg
IMG_7057.jpeg

Last edited:
O man thats scary stuff" man if ya tighten down the stock and it creaks the stock? and they see that? dam i hate this kinda stuff" i suppose you can't drive over their with action and stock? I guess the stock was over a couple hundred bucks?

I wish I could just drive on over. Too far, though. And I hate having to return things. Nobody likes a customer that always seems unsatisfied. It's just that, given the price of these things, I expect better.

Just woke up and saw your reply. These are the measurements I came up with. I can’t believe that you’re doing something wrong. It really should go in an out with no real problems at all. If it continues gives you problems maybe just send everything back to where you got the stock and have them install it and have them assure you that it goes in and out freely. As of now, that little ding you have isn’t bad at all, as it’s mostly on the inside. It will also be able to tell you if you get the same one back. View attachment 405189View attachment 405190View attachment 405191

Thanks for the reply. Looks like the dimensions on mine are indeed smaller than yours. And given how tight the tolerances are, it's no wonder I can't get mine to fit. And if it matters, the box for the stock says it was made in August 2020. I'm wondering if they loosened the tolerances a bit on later ones. And again, looks like EVERY part of the gun was grinding against the stock. When I managed to get the stock off to see what was happening, there was this white powder everywhere. I assume this is from metal grinding against laminate.

If the stock is too tight and pressing on different sections of the rifle frame with different pressures, I would speculate that there is a possibility of making the rifle less accurate, and in rare cases, more accurate.

Do you think this is a possibility if you forced the stock on?

I've tried rocking it back and forth. It simply reaches a point where I'm afraid to apply additional force. I'm having to lean over it and use my entire body to get any sort of movement. And I know how much force should be applied to put a GRS stock on a Dreamline as this is my second one. My previous stock went on and off like butter compared to this one.

One other thought. We have had different wood items (piano, cabinets, etc) that were not perfect upon delivery with regards to fitment of joints / doors etc. These items sometimes came from different parts of the country / world with different temperatures and pressures or in overly controlled warehouses where the humidity was extremely low. These variances may cause the wood to expand or contract. After a week or so in our home, these inconsistencies would diminish or disappear altogether.

Do you think letting the wood stock 'settle' for a week or so and letting it acclimate itself to your environment may result in a better fit?

Reactions: Solo1