• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Getting a Chinese air tank filled

I guess a guy buys that lower priced china tanks then takes the savings difference and apply it to a larger more tank filling compressor ( china again) may work out if your doing that much shooting and need 60'sor 80's+ sized tanks filled. (Or any tank size)

And home use is then you business/ responsibility/ safety.. nuttin rong wit tat.

I also wonder about the DOT SCOTT, Luxfer, and MSA tanks that are out of date?
My understanding is that the same tanks are considered in spec twice as long in the UK as the US. 30 vs 15 years. Can anyone confirm this?
I would like to know if there were some middle ground that could ensure our safety without us spending as much for propellent air as lifesaving equipment.
Could we hydro test our outdated tanks and use them indefinitely as long as they are passing? This seems reasonable form both cost and safety viewpoints.
If I'm not mistaken this is how Oxygen tanks are handled for welding where the stakes of failure could be much higher.

Last edited:
For some of the fktard responses, the tank I got was perfect only to large for me to fill on a regular basis myself
My compressor was rated at 7L max and the take it 9L and don't want to wear it out.
Had great regulators on them and even work in low light with built in Lum
Sold it at a profit, So sk shet
Lol.
Sorry man sometimes it's what we get in answers...

This fill part of pcp is the biggest bummer to near not even Worth fooling with them. Just the cost snd hassle to even get to shoot is like you got to be kidding me.. junky ol springer you buy a gun the your overhead is a tin of pellets then cock ,load ,shoot , repeat all day long or till the pellets run out the it 7$ to get back shooting.

"Could we hydro test our outdated tanks and use them indefinitely as long as they are passing?"

If one passes it passes go fillit till it dont

eBay has a lot of surplus SCBA bottles that are made in US and certified for fire departments for cheaper than chinese bottles. Got both of my 60 minute bottles in new/never used condition. Even then I hydro tested them just in case and they are flawless. I would take an old US made scba bottle over a new but unknown Chinese bottle.
Where can i get one of those bottles? What size are they and cost? Thanks