Get her/him involved

Hi all, recently my wife has complained we don't spend enough time together and I spend to much time with airguns. So I was thinking I should surprise her with an air rifle of her own so we could enjoy the activity together. Maybe a red taipan (they look pink to me).

Has anyone ever bought an air rifle for there significant other? What was the reaction they had, how did or didn't it work out?

Seth

Take the hint, and spend more time with your wife. I love my PCPs but they don't sleep with me at night or eat dinner with. So if she's hinting...? Maybe ask what it is she envisions doing together, then go do it, if you can. I love my wife above all my possessions... and if she requests more time to do what she likes? It all good in the end for the both of us. Good luck.

It was always easy for me because I would be shooting and have a girlfriend with me and ask her if she wanted to try it and I was surprised that a few of them really liked it. That’s how I would go about it. If she complains about you spending too much time with your air guns, chances are She might not like one. But you have to see if you can Get her interested first.

Hi all, recently my wife has complained we don't spend enough time together and I spend to much time with airguns. So I was thinking I should surprise her with an air rifle of her own so we could enjoy the activity together. Maybe a red taipan (they look pink to me).

Has anyone ever bought an air rifle for there significant other? What was the reaction they had, how did or didn't it work out?

Seth

@Seth0764 I haven’t been in this situation, but I saw a couple rifles that may give you an idea or two. 

Here’s a .25 Brocock with a pink camo styled stock https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/usedguns.html/brocock-sniper-xr-muddy-girl-.25-used/

Here’s a .177 Diana with a red laminate stock that’s a few hundred cheaper https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/usedguns.html/diana-model-54-airking-laminate-pro-.177-w/scope-%E2%80%93-used/

If nothing else the aesthetic of the rifles with these types of stocks may appeal to a woman if she’s a “girlie” type. Hope this helps to grease your wheels a bit, but if she isn’t into shooting already and hasn’t expressed interest in learning you’ll probably need more than luck. 

If she's significant she's a wife. Not like a girlfriend or a dude with a "partner". Nothing permanent there. A slip knot. About 39 years ago and a while before we made our permanent commitment she told me she doesn't like guns. Ok. That's like saying you don't like ice cream having never tried it. So I went to K Mart (yeah, K Mart) and bought her a little El Gamo .177. She couldn't stop shooting cans with it! Became one of her favorite leisure things to do real quick.. Along with fishing, Hiking, Horseback, rock climbing, going to Superbike race weekends camped out (I raced too), a few hunting trips (she can't watch me kill game, that's ok). She would tag along and be game to any adventures I pursued. The El Gamo was replaced with a Beeman R7 at Christmas. She was so proud of it! And still. Well, I did have to take her around to Doll shows, dog shows, equestrian events, some rodeos, antique shows, flea markets, art shows. Since she gave me 100% I gave it back in return 100/100. . Not 50/50. Put each other first. It takes 100% . Sometimes more.....

In our 60's now I couldn't have imagined a better wife and mother. I never deserved her. A real class act. Maybe not the "perfect wife" but she's perfect for me. I still make her laugh every day. Easy on the eyes. Don't you dare curse around her she'll rip your lips off! Yeah, I keep a clean mouth.

Good thing she liked that pellet gun!

Thanks for letting me tell you.

Grow in grace so you don't have to groan in disgrace

Your wife doesn't necessarily need to shoot with you. I like shooting by myself and that my wife takes only a passing interest. She likes my enthusiasm for shooting and how excited I get at my backyard feats of marksmanship. That said, Spring through Fall we ride our tandem bicycle, she in the back, me in front, she feeds me snacks enroute. We also take out our tandem kayak, she sits in front (the Queen) I paddle, she feeds me... It works. PCPs are hobby objects, a good wife is preciously unique.

Hey bud, get something that’s light and semi auto probably find something cost effective in the classifieds. If you really want some wow factor get the stock hydro dipped with some colors your sweetie likes. Trust me on the semi auto. It got mine hooked.

https://youtu.be/fQBWMLnupz0

Also, my airgun mentor told me a story of a friend who’s wife didn’t like guns or shooting. He took balloons and added a tablespoon or two of flour in them before blowing them up and placing them around as targets. Easy to hit and when you do they make a big poof. He asked her to just give it one try. Total crowd pleaser and got her shooting with them. 
Stay sharp man!

-icy⊕

I've been married almost 32 years and Barbara has been around guns the entire time. The wife learned to shoot and handle firearms because that was my profession....We have many hobbies we do together, but when I retired and got into air rifles and spent a lot of time in the garage tweaking and shooting she kind of complained.....So I thought she would like to do some bench rest shooting and set her up with my Brocock Bantam and off we went. She hated that rifle!!!!!!!! But she said she really liked the shooting aspect. Well she now owns 2 FX Crowns a 177 in a blue laminate and the other a 25 in a grey laminate and a FX Steamline in 22, she competes with me.....She is a great shot...In XFT in Arizona one time we had a tie score for 1st & 2nd, but I had more hits in a row so I won....In February I came in 2nd and Barbara was 4th (Only by 1 point) and last month she beat me by 2 points taking 5th place in the first GP event for XFT.

I still tweak in the garage and go hunting, but she is OK with that because she and I shoot together, hike, camp, bike, etc. I found a great wife to spend the rest of my life with 😍

Tony P.

Yeah don't do that...it's just a fight waiting to happen. What you should have heard was " you need to stop spending time with your stupid toys, and do something I want to do"

Find out what she wants and do it. If not you will never live it down, and she will never let you forget about it.

My wife honestly doesn't care anymore, as long as I take my son with me. So I have that as an excuse to go hunting and fishing when I want.

Well I shot with her last weekend. She likes to blow up water jugs but she got board and lost interest real quick. Go figure....

I don't think I'll be getting her an airgun lol

Maybe a couple electric bicycles to ride around the lake. She likes that idea.

If she wants to blow up water jugs she can use my texan anytime . 

Thanks for the replys everyone I enjoyed reading 

hahaha .. no no no man thats not how it works .. you have to drop everything you like to do and go spend your time and money on what she wants to do and good luck with the apeasment, doubt it will work anyway .. get yourself another gun and invite her to hang out with you is my advice lol ..

👆👆👆 wiser words have not been spoken!!!

hahaha .. no no no man thats not how it works .. you have to drop everything you like to do and go spend your time and money on what she wants to do and good luck with the apeasment, doubt it will work anyway .. get yourself another gun and invite her to hang out with you is my advice lol ..

qball

wiser words have not been spoken!!!

Why is keeping a wife happy viewed as an appeasement? Isn't that why you get married, to make her happy and in turn be happy? Some wives just don't want to shoot as often as we do. And no, you don't need to "drop everything you like to do," that's just silly. If a wife is hinting she wants more time, don't assume it doing what you prefer to do... In the end it's all good for the husband... 40 plus years with my wife and going strong...😀

Well I shot with her last weekend. She likes to blow up water jugs but she got board and lost interest real quick. Go figure....

I don't think I'll be getting her an airgun lol

Maybe a couple electric bicycles to ride around the lake. She likes that idea.

If she wants to blow up water jugs she can use my texan anytime . 

Thanks for the replys everyone I enjoyed reading

@Seth0764 Well at least you tried something you thought might help and were able to make the above determination. Seems that you may have arrived at a mutually agreeable compromise with the bikes. Good job. This has turned into a pretty good thread.