• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Generation Two Diana Stormrider .22

Search as I might, I can't find any discussion of this question here on the forum...

I picked a new Gen 2 Diana Stormrider chambered in .22 cal. last week. Mixed emotions but, considering the price point, it seems like a good value. Question for those who have experience with this model... There is a lot of unsupported barrel length (in excess of 18") between the front of the barrel band and the muzzle. Has anyone here had an accuracy issue with this?

Thoughts about adding an additional factory barrel band just to the rear of the front site?

it wont affect accuracy and if you clamp it hard, it likely will .. my thoughts are that adding a second band is a superb idea to protect the barrel from being knocked out of an accurate sightin .. it just needs to be 'fit' so it snugs on the airtube and the barrel itself is centered in it and can actually slide ie not tight, it just holds it from moving ... i have several of this family of guns, theyre pretty good factory, but what really turns on the accuracy is cleaning up the throat and transfer hole of sharp edges, and have a competant gunsmith put a smokin crown job on it ...

Thanks for the opinions. I've been shooting powder guns for 60 years. Some of my modern rifles have free floating barrels. I've never experienced an issue with any of them. My concern for the Stormrider PCP arose primarily due to the fact that the barrel on it is like a soda straw compared to the Savages and AR's I own that have free floating bull / target barrels. I doubt that harmonics or barrel whip could effect the Stormrider, but was curious to hear what those experienced with this particular PCP thought. Any others, please feel free to chime in. Thanks.