General PCP questions

#8 "Anyone have any issues with their Gen1 Avenger?"

#8 "Are the Gen2 versions being shipped NOW?"

#3 If you can't cancel and you know you are stuck with it and can't return it then I would back the regulator down to it's minimum useable pressure to prolong life expectancy and to avoid or limit known reg creep issues and leaks on the Gen1 Avengers and store it with lowest pressure like 2000psi and only fill it to 3000psi max when ready to shoot. Filling it past 3000psi may give undue stress on the seals and regulator and negatively affect accuracy.

#4 Good news there's 3 people who sell the improved poppet that you could install yourself if it fails prematurely and can't stop leaking if Air Venturi tells you they don't have the improved version parts yet. This is what the Gen2 Avenger should already have along with an improved regulator.

#4 If it does fail while under warranty request for a pickup tag so you don't incur shipping and insurance out of pocket expense and request the new improved valve seal/poppet otherwise theres a probability for it to fail again.

#1 The $499 Illuminated Bushnell Match PRO would be my choice because SIG doesn't seem to be customer friendly IMHO and probably hard to see the non illuminated reticle at lower magnification..

#3 and #7 Clean barrel with Ballistol and a pull through like fishing or weed whacker line and 1 inch squares from an older t shirt One time. Don't ever clean it again unless accuracy diminishes. You probably need 50 shots seasoning after cleaning maybe more up to 80. You can Lemon Pledge your pellets that's optional some found it improved 100 yard accuracy.

#6 No worries because it's not going to shoot 870fps anyway with JSB 18.1gr with the reg cranked down for longevity sake but you Will get lots of shots at the low power level. Easy on your tank too low power shooting less air consumption and fill to only 3000psi remember you don't want any possibility for it to break or leak in your first few weeks. If you do decide you want to chance 870fps just know what may happen because that point of failure is a part meant for 1200psi max for Co2 with nominal 850psi pressure. Others may have luck to crank theirs but it's already documented by many warranty returns and outright refunds. Disgruntled owners may not be very vocal about their regrets. Don't feel bad I made many mistakes buying many of the pre-Avenger's under a different brand label from the very same Chinese factory that the Avenger's are made in with the same weakest link. At least you only bought one.

#5 Get to know your gun first before worrying about sizing and weighing and rolling and sorting by head size etc. May shoot good enough anyway.

Document how many total shots before failure.

First find out which one you got IDK but you do have a 1 year warranty regardless. (Maybe even a return policy?)

Getting ahead of your self here. There's DUY on the GTA and Thammer here and (who's that third guy you have to buy the complete valve stem assembly? ANYONE?) Anyway no need to worry and if you don't like what you feel and handle and shoot I guess now you know it's Chinese (based on your comment regarding Chinese manufacturer on a recent post).

On a brighter note...You gonna really love it if you like hollow plastic. 

I don't want you to be pissed at me by not having you do a search function for "DAR" in the PCP section and go read. Also search function "Avenger" because you genuinely seem unaware. Just the nice wood stock alone and improved valve and better magazine on the DAR Gen2 would make it a no brainer for me for the same price unless you prefer generic plastic hollow stocks over wood and no worries about valve failure to have to crank your power down to think about. 

People dumping their Avenger's to buy the DAR Gen2 now. There's a night and day difference between these 2 guns you really should really be aware of.

I had no idea you were actually gonna buy an Avenger and apologize for not telling you to NOT buy the Avenger in plain black and white so I am making it right by making you do search functions now to read up. 

You should NOT have to fix or even worry about reliability issues on a new gun.

Odoyle, No worries buddy it's all good! I do remember seeing the DAR Gen2 rifle in my researching and it is impressive. Don't remember why I chose the Avenger over it, likely the vast amount of YouTube videos on it and the very complimentary reviews. A couple weeks ago I went to an air rifle store seeking info and help on a couple break-barrel piston operated air rifles I had from long ago. Suffice it to say I was promptly converted by the guy at the air range. I fired my 1st PCP and was hooked. With budget constraints I could not consider the FX Impact he had me shoot, so I went looking for an alternative. I expect things to get better eventually and I can buy a high end air gun then, but for now the avenger will have to do. Over 20 years ago when trap shooting, something I have done for decades and am good at, a snotty shooter came to the 16 yard line with his new Perazzi, a high end Italian import. He was being an ass and I really wanted to piss him off. I happened to have my Remington 870 defense gun (short barreled with no choke) with me. I dusted his ass on the line, watching him implode gave me immense pleasure and also made me realize many times it is not the gun as much as it is the shooter. Does this apply here? Maybe not, but hey if we're having fun, what the hell. By the way, I later bought my own Perazzi, damn good looking and shooting gun.

That’s a good story. I remember the first time I went to a Trapshoot and the gun that I just bought was the 870 Remington. I had a modified choke on mine though because it was gonna be my all around hunting gun. The guy that took me was the third best in Maryland at the time. My first time up I shot 23 out of 25. And he told me that that was really good for my first time and especially with a new gun that I never shot before. But that place eventually closed up because it was right beside the prison and the prisoners were complaining about the noise. LOL I was 16 years old then and I still have it and it is in very good shape still. I eventually bought a slug barrel for it because where I lived in Maryland at the time that’s what you had to use for deer.But I hope you have good luck with your new Avenger.

Odoyle, Came across this thread: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/my-dar-gen-2-25-came-in-today/page/2/  . Seems the DAR is leak prone too.

I don’t see nothing when I bring that up.The DAR second generation is supposed to be more improved over the first generation. But one problem with the Chinese air guns is they normally use inferior Orings.But if there’s any sharp edges inside the gun when they install them then they can Nick them. Also rough machining services which won’t allow the O-rings to seal properly. Then you have the problems with inferior valve Poppets. And also they can leak at the gauges and sometimes just need to be tightened up a little bit more. Sometimes it can be an easy fix and then sometimes you have to tear the whole gun apart. But at least that company stopped making the first generation And took back all of the problem air guns and replace them with a second generation. Not many companies do that.

Well at least it's not a $2000+ FX.

AND if they end up really bad then Aim Sports company does a recall and refunds all of their customers' money back like they did with the Gen1 (Like the current Avenger Gen1) proving to everyone that they are in this for the long haul. A Supremely honorable thing to do don't you think?

Wonder if Air Venturi would be willing to take such a tremendous loss to satify all of their customers too before releasing a new improved model? Or compressors?

Can you fix the link? I don't see anything when I click it.

Anyway I just bought 3 more Hatsan rifles- 2 more Hatsan Flash and another Vectis. They have really poopty machining but don't typically leak and no regulators to fail and dead nutz accurate and only 2900psi to fill and NOT made in CHINA! LoL!!!

Yeah, the machining is particularly bad on the flashpup S. Much better on the wood. But despite the nonchalant build they somehow keep their air better than most, and they are great shooters. 

🐦

Can you fix the link? I don't see anything when I click it.

Anyway I just bought 3 more Hatsan rifles- 2 more Hatsan Flash and another Vectis. They have really poopty machining but don't typically leak and no regulators to fail and dead nutz accurate and only 2900psi to fill and NOT made in CHINA! LoL!!!

Yeah, the machining is particularly bad on the flashpup S. Much better on the wood. But despite the nonchalant build they somehow keep their air better than most, and they are great shooters. 

🐦

Each forum is different and I couldn't find an easy way to link it so I cut and pasted it. Note the date of the post, November 13,2020

November 13, 2020 at 6:20 pm REPLY | QUOTE | FLAG | LINK

sasquatch

Accuracy: 

I got my dar 25 today. Decided to get on the hype train.

Mine came with a leak. There's a tiny hole in the air cylinder and it is leaking there. We'll see how this goes with the support folks.

dar.1605313385.jpg

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by sasquatch.

November 13, 2020 at 6:34 pm REPLY | QUOTE | FLAG | LINK

nervoustrig

Accuracy: 

Slow leak or fast leak? Was there air in it when it arrived?

Leaking there means it’s one of the two O-rings on the regulator body. Pretty easy to replace them but I can understand not wanting to work on a new rifle. I would because dealing with a return usually takes as much time and I can be shooting in an hour. If they didn’t change the size in the gen 2, they are size -117. 

November 13, 2020 at 6:40 pm REPLY | QUOTE | FLAG | LINK

sasquatch

Accuracy: 

Taking it apart voids the warranty. Just so ya know. That's my understanding on the phone call. Asked for schematics: none available to the public.

Yeah a brand new leaking rifle. Wonderful. Everyone should expect leaking rifles. I've had four now in the last 9 months: Edgun Matador from Utah Airguns (which also was mistuned and wouldn't cycle the magazine never buy guns from these goons. I fixed their glitch and dx'ed their a$$), Benjamin Marauder from AirgunDepot (leaking fill port that I fixed), Daystate Revere from Airguns of Arizona (in the shop ain't dealing with it) and this Dar 25. And you know what screw that. I am tired of fixing sh!t when it's brand new. They shouldn't ship this way. But I am going to give them the chance at DAR to make it right and it sounded like they would..

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by sasquatch.