• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gen1 fx impact leaking from the pellet probe

The gun was purchased in late 2016 early 2017 it shot great for several years then it got put away in the case for several months and when it was brought back out to shoot it there's no air in it . When you try to put more air in it . There is a huge leak coming out of the pellet probe 

If you have one in the chamber and try to air it up it will shoot it out . Like the valve is stuck wide open . 

Any suggestions 

Thanks 

Dan 

Yeah sounds like its leaking from the valve, have you ever had it apart? Theres fx masterclass videos on YouTube that cover o-rings. "Specialty tools" include 2, 2.5, 3mm hex wrenches, a 10 dollar kit would cover it but I like nice tools. For maybe 20-25$ you can get a set of bondhus t handle hex wrenches that are weighted in the handles and really nice.

If you google "fx impact oring list" should lead you back here to a thread that links all the needed o-rings. If you need parts fxusa should have it.

This

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/impact-o-ring-list-corrected-with-links/

Am facing the same problem in a MK2. All the air whooshes our the transfer port. I changed the valve rod and all the orings on the valve housing and the plenum tube. The major leak got fixed. But now I have minor leak at the transfer port. It leaks about 50 bar in 24 hours. I wrote to Earnst and he recommended tried dry firing it around 20 time’s. I did that around 50 time’s. But it didn’t fix the problem yet. Pissing off at this point. Don’t know what else to try. 

Am facing the same problem in a MK2. All the air whooshes our the transfer port. I changed the valve rod and all the orings on the valve housing and the plenum tube. The major leak got fixed. But now I have minor leak at the transfer port. It leaks about 50 bar in 24 hours. I wrote to Earnst and he recommended tried dry firing it around 20 time’s. I did that around 50 time’s. But it didn’t fix the problem yet. Pissing off at this point. Don’t know what else to try.

Check the hammer pin in the front valve. Might be loosen.

Ok thanks to all when replied . The impact for here and I was able to get the leak to stop . It does seem like it has a small leak that probably led to the bigger problem in the first place by letting it go completely empty in the first place . So now I will start the process of finding the small leak . Does anyone know of a brick and mortar store that carries the can of leak detector like Ernest uses ?

Thanks 

Dan