• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Gen 1 Mrod question, archer?

Cant say 100% what he is selling but the gen.1 in .177 and .22 had a different slight less flow valve from the .25 so swaping for a Very inexpensive factory .25 valve -& maybe transfer port and tweak settings again- did offer some gain. Crosman direct parts and shipping are very low cost if interested.
Lot's of options out there for after market parts for marauders, do look around.

What is the end goal you are hoping for?

John

Reactions: Rover31
When I had my gen 1 (was my first pcp) I did all sorts of upgrades to it. What you can do is just port out the valve. Also open up the transfer port as well as the inlet for the air on the barrel. Make sure to polish everything up as well. Set your power adjustment to max open on the valve. Take 2 to 3 o-rings that are the same size of the inner diameter of the air tube and place them between the hammer and the valve. This will make it far more easy to adjust the power. You will not have to mess with the power screw on the valve anymore. Just use the hammer spring tension and the throw distance. Consider doing all of that and add a regulator instead of purchasing a new valve. Also consider a heavy hammer spring if you are looking for more power. 10 pound or even a 12 pound spring. Just keep in mind that this will be hard on the valve popit. They are cheep to replace if one happens to break. If you want to de-ping, just get a piece of vinyl hose about the size of the air tube. If anything make sure that is is just a bit larger. Use about an inch in length and the just cut it so it fits in the air chamber about halfway down. With all the work I had done to mine it was one hell of a shooter. I ended up selling it to a buddy who was wanting to get into PCPs He still has it and is very happy with it. There is a dedicated forum that covers nothing but the Mrod and Prod. You can do quite a few things to this PCP and there is a large community out there. Far more then you will fine here.

Reactions: Rover31