• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gen 1 Marauder

Dumb question, does a generation 1 marauder 22 caliber have set screw in the barrel band? I have a slow leak and I'm thinking the the valve o-rings need to be replaced, I've replaced all the other o-rings and I still have a slow leak. Tried to remove barrel band today to try to get at the valve, but it appears there are no set screws at the top or bottom of the barrel band. please advise.

Do not overlook the gauge itself.

Put some bubbles down there, especially near the weeper hole in the rear.

Put a balloon over the muzzle over night.

Inflate?

Bad poppet or o-ring inside the valve..
1554212185_7577909485ca36559ac24f6.11087342_37F04ACD-5555-4E4F-A1DA-60CB145796C3.jpeg

Dark,

I have 2 Gen1 Marauders, one I have set up for Field Target competition, and is a nail driver.

The barrel band is attached to the threaded end piece at the end of the air tube. This end piece also has the Foster fitting screwed into it. This end piece should be just hand tight, and a little extra. The barrel band must come off in order to remove the end fitting. If you need more clarification, I tear down and reassemble a Gen 1 Marauder on my U Tube Channel, Field Target Tech. The issue that you have in removing the barrel band is odd.....it is held in by 2 small hex grub screws that are not visible. There are 2 small holes in the bottom of the barrel band that house these 2 screws. This is better seen in the disassembly video, the assembly video I edited a portion of the barrel band install.

Also, if you look at the Marauder rebuild video, I use a tool by Steven Archer of Archer Airguns to assist in the valve getting past the holes without damage. I highly recommend this tool, and I wouldn't rebuild my Marauder without it. Check the videos out, and get back to us on what you find.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech