GEICO meets Daisy PMAXHP

These Daisy pellets are just about the worst pellets on QC. One redeeming quality is that they are sufficiently accurate at ten yards and about 240FPS MV, that's two pumps on my Crosman 1322. So, knocking back the day geckos is within their abilities.

This is the GEICO gecko supposedly, Gold-dust Day Gecko (P. laticauda), a native to Madagascar, and are pretty aggressive, in the gecko world. They have largely eliminated the anoles and brown mo'o I grew up with as a kid. Been kind of an explosion of them around the house, get the baby ones running around inside the house now. Just a green version of cockroach to me.

The kids drop their snack crumbs and stuff on the garage floor, so easy pickings for the geckos, consequently easy pickings for the Crosman.

IMG_9616.1635457103.JPG

IMG_9619.1635457140.JPG

IMG_9620.1635457177.JPG

I get good 20 yard performance on paper from these as well -- 6 pumps for about 420FPS MV. They can be hole n hole, surprisingly, given the HUGE spread of head sizes and weights found in a tin. Got em off the Daisy site when they were like 3.25$/500ct tin. They look ugly, but do in fact shoot fine in this Crosman 1322. Not so great in the PP750 or HW100.

Haven’t seen them on the windward side yet but the first type of chameleons are long gone after the anoles and red okole birds clear them out.

Still get a few American anoles, they do the "chameleon" thing, we like them. Only real chameleon is the Jackson's, and bet that would be fun ... mini-guanas! Mostly seen em up coffee country. The bulbuls are rare over here, but still sos.

The green anoles we called chameleons were everywhere when I was a kid. Then the Jacksons showed up and we used to catch and sell them to pet shops.

Red-vented_Bulbul.1635635482.jpg

These Red-vented bulbul escaped from an aviary because of a storm around the early 80s on Oahu and have been devastating to fruit growers. I shot 100s in the 1980s. They eat green anoles. My dad used to protect his papayas with my FWB124 and proudly show me the days cull. I've often thought of approaching papaya growers in Waimanalo if I could walk around and shoot the pest but I usually don't have time when visiting the island. But when I do visit its open season on these.