• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Gave my King GRS Stock Some Love.

...and NO that shiny finish is not what you think it is! :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, the King GRS stock is nice to look at but I was worried that the stock finish might staining from hand sweat. The color was kind of a raw wood matte and I expected it would stain easy. So here's the stock after 1 coat of Tru-Oil. It really brought out the red in the wood.

GRS.jpg

Just 4 coats and that GRS stock is looking real good.

main.jpg
main2.jpg

Here's a pic from before the refinish:

before.jpg

...and NO that shiny finish is not what you think it is! :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, the King GRS stock is nice to look at but I was worried that the stock finish might staining from hand sweat. The color was kind of a raw wood matte and I expected it would stain easy. So here's the stock after 1 coat of Tru-Oil. It really brought out the red in the wood.

View attachment 434637

Just 4 coats and that GRS stock is looking real good.

View attachment 434638 View attachment 434639

Here's a pic from before the refinish:

View attachment 434636
Did have to prep the stock before applying the Tru-oil?

Nice job!!! I've found Tru-Oil amazing on pretty much any hardwood and fairly easy to use.

When I retired I purchased one of the first Craftsman Carvewright CNC machines and Tru-Oil was my choice for finishing. Might have worked better had we not had 3 long haired Aussies/Border Collies at the time 🤣 but everything I made was for fun and giveaways.
Ya is amazing how much of a difference just a few coats of Tru-Oil has on a stock. This was just a 4 coat medium gloss finish and not even close what you do if you spent a few days on it for a full gloss. I really wanted it done last night so I could shoot it today so I'll leave it like it is for now. One day when I'm stuck inside I'll give it a good full gloss finish.

Reactions: New2PCP