Gauntlet vs. Wolverine…

I thought you folks might find this interesting… recent results shooting the 30 Yard Challenge in the Target Shooting forum…

Yesterday I broke out my 1st air rifle, a Gen 1 Umarex Gauntlet .177 . I had not shot it in about 8 months (always holds air, lol). I put a newly acquired Sightron SII 36x target scope on and she immediately shot some lights out groups with Crosman 10.5 Premier Ultra Domes. So I shot two 30-yard Challenge cards and shot 191 9X and 192 9X. First gun I’ve tried that could break 190 with Crosman pellets. She has always shot the Crosman 10.5s well.

Today, I shot 198, 196 and 197 with the Gauntlet shooting the CPUD 10.5s. Straight from the tin as always. Incredible!! Conditions were great for shooting.

For a changeup I grabbed my Daystate Wolverine R HP .22 (bought used on AGN classifieds) did some pellet testing at 40 yards (it loves JSB MRDs) and thought, wonder if it could beat the Gauntlet, lol. I typically only use the Wolverine at 75 to 100 yards.

The Gauntlet was 198 14X and the Wolverine 198 13X… but I ran out of gas on the last Wolverine target - eyes were getting tired.

Neither of these rifles has any adjustment - you find a pellet they like and just shoot.

The Wolverine was using a Sightron SIII ED 36x. Not a significant difference noticeable at 30 yards vs. the SII - the SII is an awesome bargain.

Thought you might find this comparison of “High End” vs. “Low End” interesting. If you are shooting typical pellet gun distances of inside 50 yards, there are some awesome shooting rifles at modest price points.

-Ed

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2415.jpeg

IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2431.jpeg

IMG_2430.jpeg