• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gauntlet Pellet Probe O-ring Size?

Same story here...my new .25 Gauntlet that has an extremely undersized air stripper O ring, sheared barrel/receiver O rings due to a razor sharp air port, and a rounded hex slot in the sear engagement screw. I called UmarexUSA and gave them all the info, they were very cooperative and verified my shipping address. I said thanks and expected a "your welcome" with maybe an ETA added before hanging up. Instead I got, "That will be $30 and change for parts and shipping." I replied, "I just got this gun and it has a 3 yr warranty." I was then informed I would have to ship it to UmarexUSA to get "free" parts and service under warranty. I'm guessing the shipping would run $30+ each way...so $2 worth of parts under warranty will cost me $60...LOL I said, "No thanks, I can get 100's of O rings for 1/4 the cost and not have the gun missing for several weeks. I'll catch you later...good bye." Very disappointed that this is the way it works and I know that most all brands operate the same way but what a crappy feeling they left me with.

I'll say it again there should be a sticky where we can pick and choose the gun. O rings are cheap, a hardware store marks up about 5X from the ORing store. Manufacturers that wish to get several dollars per then add shipping is a slap in the face of their customers. I won't buy a gun that does not have online support, or a magazine that costs more than a tire for my truck.

I sent my. 22 in for service, it was 32bux with insurance and they shipped it back to me on there dime.

Ended up getting a new rifle back from them in around 10 days to H.I. and my door step.

If you send it in they request that u remove the stock and just send in the action.

I kept my first stock as well-

(And yes i am useing it 😁)

going be puttn a little ( attempted ) hot sauce on er with some fiber glass. Time will tell

Hey guys, have tried many different O-rings for bolt probe seal on my Gauntlet. Best one so far has been from the O-ring store in metric Buna N 70, N1.80x002, life is short for these rings unless you lube them regularly with Trident pure silicone grease available in 2 oz tubs from dive shops. I've been working on using Radio Control fuel tube in medium diameter, must be cut perfect length by trial and error. Try to duplicate the dimension of two of the O-rings stacked. If you cut it long even by 0.020" bolt won't close without nipping off a tiny piece of the tube, this has been lasting the longest and sealing the best by the 1/2 tissue laid over the breech test for movement on firing. So far the Traxxas brand #3147 has done the best job and thats whats on my gun right now. If you buy that part number and use a new single edge razor blade you will have bolt probe seals for years.

Edit On 05/26/2019. Most recent test over chrony gave 12fps extreme spread, avg 850 fps pellet speed, (15.89 JSB) with a standard deviation of 4fps. Have to be getting very good bolt probe seal to achieve these readings.