• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gauntlet Drifting POI Fixed

The POI has drifted a couple times. Not cool! I recalled hitting the barrel end on a cabinet last time. So I had a look at things. Barrel tight to receiver, shroud tightness, barrel band and shim snug. Lastly I looked at the ferrule on the barrel that the shroud screws onto. The set screw was loose. I noticed that there’s a divot in the barrel that it’s supposed to be set into and tightened it down. 

Once I got the shroud back on and rezeroed, I bumped the barrel end moderately a couple times on one side, fired, bumped the other side, fired, and the POI stayed put. Out of the box new the shroud and band shim was loose. At the time I didn’t notice the ferrule as being a separate part from the barrel. That certainly would be annoying to anyone with a new Gauntlet having the POI move periodically. No doubt the barrel band that the 25 has is good to have as the shroud floats around the air stripper and only has that ferrule holding it.