• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gauntlet 30

Here's my thread. I've been rocking this gun for a couple months or so now.
Yeah it's long and heavy. I had a Guantlet 2 in .25 already though so it was nothing new that I wasn't used to already. I mostly shoot off the bench with it. Have killed a few ground hogs off hand though.
The main thing is for $500 this gun packs the power for 60+ grain slugs and can be tuned down to shoot JSB/FX 45 grainers at 870 fps for some amazing groups on paper. You also get 6 magazines per fill on lower power instead of 3 magazines cranked up to max.

FWIW, Fly, I sold my AEA Challenger 357 to help fund the Guantlet 30 purchase. I may get another "high power" gun in the future, but I really like having something regulated and relatively quiet for the back yard. I find the Guantlet 30 plenty powerful. I also couldn't get good groups with the Challenger easily (stiff trigger and a bit of a kick to it) so I considered that a pure hunting rifle. Gauntlet 30 so far has proven a jack at all trades.

I'm pretty sure once more people get their hands on this gun, there will be more hype about it. I happen to like the bolt action and trigger quite a bit. The bolt action on the 30 is longer than the 22/25 G2 and I find it smoother to actuate as well. But people are going to be showing off how well this groups slugs at 100+ yards and pushing 110 FPE with various ammo. For $500 its a clear winner.

Reactions: Buckless Yooper
I am currently waiting for my next check or two before I pull the trigger on one of these, but so far I am impressed beyond belief with all the reviews and results I've been seeing. I do find myself curious as to has anybody tried to put a larger bottle on this gun. I'm looking at a 700cc Tuxing cf bottle, and a adjustable ninja regulator.

Reactions: rafajpg
Here's my thread. I've been rocking this gun for a couple months or so now.
Yeah it's long and heavy. I had a Guantlet 2 in .25 already though so it was nothing new that I wasn't used to already. I mostly shoot off the bench with it. Have killed a few ground hogs off hand though.
The main thing is for $500 this gun packs the power for 60+ grain slugs and can be tuned down to shoot JSB/FX 45 grainers at 870 fps for some amazing groups on paper. You also get 6 magazines per fill on lower power instead of 3 magazines cranked up to max.

FWIW, Fly, I sold my AEA Challenger 357 to help fund the Guantlet 30 purchase. I may get another "high power" gun in the future, but I really like having something regulated and relatively quiet for the back yard. I find the Guantlet 30 plenty powerful. I also couldn't get good groups with the Challenger easily (stiff trigger and a bit of a kick to it) so I considered that a pure hunting rifle. Gauntlet 30 so far has proven a jack at all trades.

I'm pretty sure once more people get their hands on this gun, there will be more hype about it. I happen to like the bolt action and trigger quite a bit. The bolt action on the 30 is longer than the 22/25 G2 and I find it smoother to actuate as well. But people are going to be showing off how well this groups slugs at 100+ yards and pushing 110 FPE with various ammo. For $500 its a clear winner.

Thanks for info!

Reactions: silvershooter589
I’ve got the G30! And love it! Out of the box it is great. Yes, some trigger tinkering is needed. But I’ve got literally all play tweaked out producing a crisp clean pull. Polished the barrel cause that’s what I do to all of them.
But out of the box that tells ya it’s a 100 ft lb gun, comes a gun pushing 110-115fpe. I do plan to change to the adjustable red from Hajimoto. Looking for something near 140 fpe once I’m done. Love it!

I am currently waiting for my next check or two before I pull the trigger on one of these, but so far I am impressed beyond belief with all the reviews and results I've been seeing. I do find myself curious as to has anybody tried to put a larger bottle on this gun. I'm looking at a 700cc Tuxing cf bottle, and a adjustable ninja regulator.
Can you share pictures of your rig?, I am planning to do the same, I just got my 700cc and a 3000psi fixed reg.