• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gauntlet .30 not firing.

I bought this gun new used, it takes a fill fine. It's just not firing. Has anyone had this problem with a G30? I thought maybe the popoff valve and it is a little stiff. I don't think the hammer is hitting the popoff valve hard enough to get it to pop. I have checked the popoff and it is a little hard to get it to work. But it didn't seem to be that stiff. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy

Hi, thanks for your replies. What happens is that when you pull the trigger, you can hear the hammer release and hit but I guess it doesn't hit the popoff hard enough to release it. I have filled the tank to almost 5000 psi and I have tried with low pressure to the same effect. The gun does have a hammer spring adjuster and I will try that and see if I can get it to release the popoff. Thank you for taking the time to help out.
RR

to me it sounds like the regulator is not opening or the regulator stop Valve is not allowing air into the main Poppet chamber, does the bottle get tight when you air it up? if it gets tight and won't turn, that means Air is entering the Poppet chamber, if it is loose and easy to turn, that means air is not entering the poppet chamber, if that is the case, degas the bottle by loosening the fill port just enough for air to escape, once degassed, you will need to take apart the regulator, you loosen the set screws on the side and then unscrew the top section, be careful of the parts and springs, make sure the Bellville Washers stay in the same order, it's possible that there is Crud fouling it up, clean it and reassemble.
if you are not sure you want to tackle the problem, you might Contact a repair guy Like Motorhead (Scott) or Contact Hajimoto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizz01
to me it sounds like the regulator is not opening or the regulator stop Valve is not allowing air into the main Poppet chamber, does the bottle get tight when you air it up? if it gets tight and won't turn, that means Air is entering the Poppet chamber, if it is loose and easy to turn, that means air is not entering the poppet chamber, if that is the case, degas the bottle by loosening the fill port just enough for air to escape, once degassed, you will need to take apart the regulator, you loosen the set screws on the side and then unscrew the top section, be careful of the parts and springs, make sure the Bellville Washers stay in the same order, it's possible that there is Crud fouling it up, clean it and reassemble.
if you are not sure you want to tackle the problem, you might Contact a repair guy Like Motorhead (Scott) or Contact Hajimoto.
I figured it out last night, you were close. The ports going from the bottle to the pop-off camber were clogged. Kind of looked like saw dust.
It shot great a couple of times and now its leaking air past the pop-off. I don't think I cleared all the dust out of it. Oh well one more tear down. At least its figured out.

Reactions: KatoKevin454
I had a "similar" issue with my G2 in .25.
When the hammer would drag and velocity dropped off I knew it was time to disassemble and clean the lead fouling out of the tube. A little silicone lube on the hammer took care of it till it happened again.
silicone is a BAD lube for anything metal
for hammer lube, use a dry lube, I use moly, needs very little and is messy
any wet oil or grease will catch dust, dirt, and grit

Reactions: Rizz01