• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gauntlet .25 Reg In .22

Check out "southerngunner" youtube channel. Personally, I think Umarex should follow Daystate's example and just put a .22 barrel on the .25 platform and call it the Gauntlet HP and save the modders the trouble. I believe that the valve retaining block on the .25 has two extra screws to handle the increased pressure, not sure on that though, I don't own one. I am very interested to see what people come up with though.

I don't own a Gauntlet, but have looked at the QB's in the past. I would suspect the transfer port is bigger in the .25 to move the air required. In swapping the barrel you will probably have to drill the .22 barrel port to match the .25 port diameter as well.

Here is the thread on the .177/.22 Gauntlet schematic:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/gauntlet-schematic/

I assume they have updated or re-issued for the .25 which would give you part numbers on what has changed.

ahnlaashock- You would have to increase the inlead to shoot slugs or drill out base of each slug to accomidate probe(or resize them)-I tried it on my .25 with Nielson .25's- in order to change valves (if attempting) would need to add the other 2 screws for safety which means drilling your tube to accomidate + increasing transfer port to allow for increased pressure.The other issue is these are choked barrels which may or may not work with slugs.