• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gauntlet .25 Chasing Zero

So i have had my gauntlet for a bit now I have always shot with the donnyfl sumo and sighted in with it on it has the barrel band but I feel like every time I have it zeroed my left to right is off the next time I shoot usually around 4 clicks, this has happened to me 3 or 4 times already. Here is a picture had it dialed in took out 2 squirrels and a chipmunk and thought hmmm seems like it was off from where I aimed the picture of the chipmunk is flipped I shot him facing the other way. I wasn't able to check until yesterday and went shooting and it was off 4 clicks any ideas.
1563502464_10799599745d312780645c88.24153910_20190706_093001.jpg
1563502478_11162685105d31278e9bf6b9.71748631_20190717_174834.jpg

It could be your airstripper is cracked and doesn't have the right sized o-ring or that your shroud isn't screwed on tight enough. Things not only come loose but sometimes show up that way. Another thing that has helped some is getting a slightly stiffer spring in your shroud for your baffle stack. I would also check the barrel screws and then, of course, the scope mounts. The list is long but once you get it down it is amazingly stable. Unbelievably, mine never shifts, is always dead nuts. I have taken mine down to tubes and parts and put it back together and it kept zero twice! Admittingly, I don't go low crawling through the mud with it. I take it out of it's hard case, shoot it, put it back. I don't bang it around or throw it in the back of my truck either. Most importantly I never touch the barrel, or pick the gun up by it or rest the gun on it. I do that for all of my guns. Good luck!

I had a similar issue last weekend with my .22 Crown. It came with a short .25 DonnyFL FX moderator, but I had left it at home and old had my .22 Sumo with me. My groups were terrible, so I wound up shooting without a moderator. I learned some time ago that using a moderator that is one caliber larger is the way to go, otherwise I see POI shifts in my strings.

This is probably too obvious to say in print but make sure that the barrel is not making contact with the stupid bottle cover. I actually use a plastic shim between the bottom front of the bottle and the cover so that it can't touch at all. I kind of made the point before but I will expand on it by saying check every screw. The breech block, bottle block, trigger, every single one.

OK, at ths point, if I were you, I'd be going nuts! You said that you had a little turn here and there and that might be more significant than you think. You'll find out soon enough, but if it wasn't, my next course of action would be to try a whole different scope and rings assembly, if you have one from another gun that you have total confidence with. I know, it's a pain in the a$$! It would rule out scope problems though. Short of that, I would take off the barrel and replace the o-rings. If that didn't work, I would be so Bull$h!t, and fascinated, with the problem that I would try something totally off the wall. I would send the barrel to 300below to get cryo'd. Just to try everthing. Why not? Many say it is worthless but I have had it do miracles on pb barrels and I have been curious if it would make any difference at all all on an airgun barrel and your problem would be a good candidate. I am a little extreme and I chase problems into the ground. Honestly, I enjoy making inaccurate guns accurate more than just having an accurate gun. Keep us posted if you get the problem resolved.

Will do waiting for my new to me scba tank to come so I can air up and test again. The problem is I like the gun but it's a tank and I am already looking to buy a better one and that's a entire different problem trying to decide. I would like to be able to keep it dialed in though for current use it shoots great when its dialed in just won't stay there. As for the scope I want to say it happened with my old scope too so I don't think it's a scope issue. The ring are solid but the free set I got with the scope would that cause any inconsistency.

This is a lousy answer but anything with more than one part can be a problem. You are right about the gun being a tank, that is my biggest problem with it, an ungainly beast. I have customized mine too much to ever part with it though and it is, ironically for this post, a consistently reliable shooter. The thing to remember is that none of this stuff is majic, your gun isn't cursed, you will eventually find the problem or get the experience down the road to fix/recognize the problem and then you won't seem to have as many problems at all because they are so easily fixed by you. Keep at it.

Only have the .117, naturally the .25 barrel will be totally different.

Maybe 3,000 shots w/no poa/poi change then a bit odd for a while then worse groups (had cleaned barrel).

Pulled the barrel and when the TP was aligned the indents on the barrel for the screws to index in were off, but the biggy was the full 90degree transition/ridge whre they cut the lead in. More than a finger nail deep SHARP edge just before the TP was shaving lead ( no idea how it ever shot so well) off every pellet untill it built up so much it nwas effecting shots.

Might be worth a glance to see if the .25's are the same (1.77 and /22 seem to have the same issue).

John