Gauntlet 2 - 25 or 30?

Greg,
My starter PCP was a first-generation Gauntlet .25. I shoot it regularly and it's very accurate, however, there are a few things I wish I'd realized before purchase. The gun is long (47 inches) and heavy (10 pounds scoped), has a clunky, old-style bolt action and a cheap plastic, prone-to jam magazine. My dream to use this gun as an "all-day" hunter quickly vanished and now it just does bench rest duty. I recommend any Gauntlet 2 purchaser should consider if these traits still exist with the platform. Also, I saw a YouTube reviewer of the Gauntlet 2 who claimed the barrel rifling improperly extended through the breech. Title was something like, "Don't Fall into the Trap." I can't confirm this claim, however, any Gauntlet 2 purchaser, IMHO, should investigate. Best of Luck, WM

I have both.

If I were to only pick one, I'd pick the Guantlet 30 because you can turn down the power on it anyway (and get 6 magazines per fill) which -- if you choose to do that -- makes the Guantlet 25 kind of redundant.

That said I'm glad to have both as the G2 .25 shoots 33.95 grain pellets very accurately and quietly. If you are only shooting paper under 100 yards the 25 might be a better choice. But it's nice to have twice as much power on tap with the 30.

Guantlet 30 you're probably going to want a moderator.

I'd gopher the .30

Gopher4-1024x683[1].jpg