Gauntlet 1 .22 with Hajimoto Upgrades

I purchased a .22cal Gauntlet 1 from a gentleman on the forum in early 2020 with intent to use it immediately. Well, Covid happened and my profession as an RN took all my free time. Since I had no time, I tried to sell/trade it but I think PCP rifles intimidate people. 2 years later and I'm looking to get started...again. Time is still limited as I'm completing my MSN but, before I decide just to sell it, I'd like to at least see how it shoots.
I live in Albuquerque and the gun has been stored in my temp controlled garage since I received it. It has never been charged so my question is do I need to check anything before doing so considering the lack of humidity?
Thanks for your insight...

G1.jpg

EasyTarget,
The Gauntlet is a pretty robust gun and 2020 isn't that long ago, just try airing it up and see what happens. You'll know soon if you've a problem. I've the same style gun in .25 and I notice you have a barrel band (looks OEM) that only came on the .25. I know a Hajimoto upgrade could include this barrel band, however I thought he used his own style band. Best of Luck, WM

Reactions: EasyTargetRN1965
EasyTarget,
The Gauntlet is a pretty robust gun and 2020 isn't that long ago, just try airing it up and see what happens. You'll know soon if you've a problem. I've the same style gun in .25 and I notice you have a barrel band (looks OEM) that only came on the .25. I know a Hajimoto upgrade could include this barrel band, however I thought he used his own style band. Best of Luck, WM
Documentation from the original owner
tempImage78Catd.pngtempImage5JNxYL.pngtempImageYJiIYV.pngtempImageuDkcX8.png

EasyTarget,
I purchased silicone oil from Amazon, the kind used to lubricate an exercise running machine. It's a heavier weight silicone oil and came in three small bottles. My best guess, judging from your description, is the one-way valve at the male foster fitting is leaking and the remedy you suggest is a good one. Sometimes moisture can get in the valve and cause problems. WM

EasyTarget,
Agreed, hand pumping a Gauntlet isn't that hard, it's how I started. Read the original owner paperwork you posted; think you've got a pretty good setup. Got me wondering, though, how much more value does a Hajimoto-worked Gauntlet have over a stock one? Anyone in the know would prefer his upgrades, just how much they'd pay for the privilege, is curious to me. Best of Luck, WM

EasyTarget,
Agreed, hand pumping a Gauntlet isn't that hard, it's how I started. Read the original owner paperwork you posted; think you've got a pretty good setup. Got me wondering, though, how much more value does a Hajimoto-worked Gauntlet have over a stock one? Anyone in the know would prefer his upgrades, just how much they'd pay for the privilege, is curious to me. Best of Luck, WM
The discovery scope pictured was included in the price. I paid $800 shipped. The optics are very nice and modifications are in line with the purpose I have for the rifle. I'm not sure how it stacks up against a 2nd gen Hajimoto, right now I just want to resole the leak and zero the scope.

I purchased a .22cal Gauntlet 1 from a gentleman on the forum in early 2020 with intent to use it immediately. Well, Covid happened and my profession as an RN took all my free time. Since I had no time, I tried to sell/trade it but I think PCP rifles intimidate people. 2 years later and I'm looking to get started...again. Time is still limited as I'm completing my MSN but, before I decide just to sell it, I'd like to at least see how it shoots.
I live in Albuquerque and the gun has been stored in my temp controlled garage since I received it. It has never been charged so my question is do I need to check anything before doing so considering the lack of humidity?
Thanks for your insight...

View attachment 288655
Be sure to head over to Hajimoto for all the fix'ns. G-Tac chassis as well.

Aftermarket mods don't really add any value they just make it easier to sell. Most will see it as a $300 gun with a $100 scope on it. The gauntlet 1 was never very popular due to it's weird shape, length and weight. They all needed work right out of the box because the action felt like it had a handful of sand in it.
They are decent once you've done a couple of mods.
Here's one I did for my youngest son (32) He's 6'4" with long arms so it's comfortable to him. This was the first time a carbon fiber bottle was fit inside the shroud like it came that way. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/22-gauntlet-with-carbon-fiber-bottle.472948/
1663181419970.png

Heavy,
I've got no skin in the game, just curious. Hajimoto Productions offers 4 Upgrade Packages; Copper (Start $400), Silver (Start $485), Gold (Start $500) and Platinum (Start $635) for the Generation One Gauntlet, each package includes a factory fresh gun. IMHO Hajimoto's work is high quality and professional adding increased value to the final product. Would be interesting to discover what percentage of this increased investment is realized or recouped at time of resale. WM