• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gauging interest on my setup prior to listing

With all due respect to the moderator, and not to further violate a rule, but I thought it was a good question. I've wondered the same thing. A question about how best to list is worth reading on the forum and several users might even chime in. Is there a better place to discuss such topics?

I'm not the mod to be sure, but it seems to me that the question could have been asked without listing everything that was potentially for sale. That's where the line got crossed. On many forums I participate there is a rule against "feelers" as well, so this one would have violated both the listing rule and the feeler rule.

With all due respect to the moderator, and not to further violate a rule, but I thought it was a good question. I've wondered the same thing. A question about how best to list is worth reading on the forum and several users might even chime in. Is there a better place to discuss such topics?

You could post the same thing in the Classified Section. Prior to that you can check prices for comparable items. If there isn't interest nobody will buy it, if it's priced too high someone will make an offer. I for one would not want a bunch of "Are you interested in my stuff" posts in the general forum. Defeats the purpose. It's my understanding the original post of this thread was pretty much a for sale post. 

People start this type of thread to skirt the forum rules because they are too new to have access to the classified section. You know when items are listed and you say you're going to sell them potential buyers would PM you from this thread.

The rules are to stop members from getting scammed and every member should support that. I think it should be 100 posts before new members get access to the classified section and if they try to spam their way to 100 posts or skirt the rule in any other way they never get access. Desperadoes are bad more often than not.

Heavy- has a good point. I don't come here often and I was unaware of the rules and posting to get access to the classifieds. However, i was also curious and asked a legit question. So trying to break the rules i was not. But apologize for my ignorance i do because i am new and did not fully read the rules. But now that i am aware it wont happen again, and hope this thread kind of helps newer people so they dont make the same mistake.