Benjamin Gauge hole debur... what went wrong?

This was a brand spank'n new P-rod, never been fired, my neighbor gave it to me. It was made in 2018 so I decided to order everything new from Tim Hill and rebuild it (105 kit, hammer, springs, PEEK striker, depinger, moderator, gauge block, and gauge). I rebuilt it, shot hundreds of rounds through it over the last 2 weeks, developed a leak, took it apart and when I did this happened. I met resistance when pushing it out, not sure what happened.

My question is can I just buff out the gouges with Cratex (fine carbide in a rubber matrix), re-gasket and re-install?

IMG_9082.jpeg

After you clean up that burr they do sell a special tool (plastic piece) that slips into that pressure gauge hole and it sets flush with the inside of the tube so a less of a chance of screwing up the o-rings. Just a suggestion for ya.
Dr. Kralenstein is right about the o-ring height. I'd be more inclined to look at the fill port or the pressure gauge area, if the gauge is tighten to much that will make a leak. Did you run soapy water or leak tech around any areas of the air tube ?

After staring at the picture, isn't it strange that the gouges are in the middle of the assembly? I think something hard found its way into the gauge port area when I started pushing it all out. Or I could have missed a booger around the lip and it broke itself off.

The reason I think this is because I debur'd the gauge hole with a tapered stone first and followed it with Cratex (fine carbide in a rubberized matrix) to polish it out.

Gauge port hole tool has been ordered!