Gathering Equipment Questions.

Hello all, I am new to the hobby & anticipating the purchase of an AEA HP SS MAX .357cal. Before I purchase the gun I want to get everything I need in hand to use it. I am asking for some budget friendly options. I know I need something to fill with, should I start with hand pump or get a cheap compressor? I would also like to practice with it in backyard so am thinking I need a suppressor. Any suggestions to help me start off on the right foot are greatly appreciated.

With a 13" bbl and .357 this hand cannon is loud. Take a hard look at the Donny fl Emperor. I have the .30 with Ronin. You need to stone the trigger. Very hard to beat at that price range.
20220927_162607.jpg
Screenshot_20221012-124958_Samsung Internet.jpg
20220924_150029.jpg

Weytuff1,
A PatchWorm Cleaning Kit and some Ballistol will get the barrel cleaned of rust preventative coating. AEAC has a great video on barrel cleaning with PatchWorm, if needed. Heavy-weight silicone oil, like used on treadmill exercise machines, and silicone grease are also helpful along with a quality set of metric Allen wrenches. If the AEA HP SS Max uses a fill probe, rather than a foster fitting, you'll likely need an adapter as most fill probes only have a threaded end opposite the part which fits into gun. Pyramyd Air sells an adapter for $9.99, has AIR VENTURI stamped on it. Best of Luck, WM

Well since Amazon was mentioned the GX CS2 and CS3 PCP compressors are another option to consider. I'm not sure what your budget range is but those compressors are pretty versatile for the price in my opinion. I got the CS3 over a year ago and added the 3-year warranty. It has performed beautifully with no issues on small tanks up to around 70ish cu ft adhering to the duty cycle.

Reactions: Weytuff1
Hello all, I am new to the hobby & anticipating the purchase of an AEA HP SS MAX .357cal. Before I purchase the gun I want to get everything I need in hand to use it. I am asking for some budget friendly options. I know I need something to fill with, should I start with hand pump or get a cheap compressor? I would also like to practice with it in backyard so am thinking I need a suppressor. Any suggestions to help me start off on the right foot are greatly appreciated.
.357 cal.?
How large is your backyard?
If you have neighbors within ~50 yards I suspect you may get complaints after using a .357 cal., even with a suppressor.

I would have them throw in a poppet valve or 2 also. The AEA HP's are hard on the poppets due to the semi-auto action. They will fail, just a matter of time. (They also fail in other guns as well.) If you ever want to have an SCBA tank, I recommend the Yong Heng, fill faster and water cooled, so should last longer. The smaller 12VDC/120AC units are fine for filling guns but get stressed pumping larger tanks. Good luck.

Waytuff1
one additional thought, I you are going to be shooting in the back yard with your hand cannon,, unless you have a lot of room (read acres) you need to ensure that you have an adequate backstop. this for general safety reasons and to minimize damage to the neighbor's property and pissing them off, this helps in preventing the calling the police etc. 30+ caliber holes in houses, cars and fences does not make for a happy time, don't ask me how I know this. It is also cheaper to do it right up front.
BP-1

nothing real cheap about it .. large airguns use more air, make more noise, use expensive ammo, and arnt something you want to shoot in the direction of the neighbors property ...but i shoot mine in the yard to sight it etc .. its for one thing - shootin something big without a firearm report .. that said, what id get is a yong heng pressor, a used firemans tank on ebay, a 50$ cga 347 fill adapter on ebay, and a donny emperor .. youll need odds and ends like hoses, filter for the yh, foster fittings etc .. altogether maybe 800 bucks of stuff .. on top of the gun .. thats excluding pellets and a scope lol ...

Waytuff1
one additional thought, I you are going to be shooting in the back yard with your hand cannon,, unless you have a lot of room (read acres) you need to ensure that you have an adequate backstop. this for general safety reasons and to minimize damage to the neighbor's property and pissing them off, this helps in preventing the calling the police etc. 30+ caliber holes in houses, cars and fences does not make for a happy time, don't ask me how I know this. It is also cheaper to do it right up front.
BP-1
I think I will need to buy 2, thinking I'll get hp ss .25 for backyard practice & the big bore later on, do you think the .25 still needs suppressor?

May i ask ? why such a big bore .357 is very large air gun , Deer hunting size and not yard friendly .
Wanting something with stopping power, I realize my error was thinking I could practice in my yard, even with suppressor it would be too loud in yard. Switching gears some on my approach now & going to get the hp ss .25 first to practice with

Waytuff1.
Not knowing the particulars of your environment I don't know if a .25 would be correct for your backyard and your neighbors, but I would want a moderator to use. In my case I have just under 2 acres with neighbors on all sides, we have the keystone property. I chose not to disturb my neighbors while still being able to shoot whenever I wish. So I stick to .177 and .22, both suppressed and even then with quite targets for practice. no steel to clange. but a plastic bin filled with rubber mulch and my targets attached to it.
BP-1

Reactions: bamavet55