Gamo's "Whisper line" of guns isn't your grandfathers break barrel :)
002.1609933613.JPG

I am new to airguns and recently bought the new swarm fusion. I like it , BUT, it is louder than I thought it would be and I'm not too sure about that swarm system. It mangles a pellet every now and then and causes a dryfire, plus it's picky to load.(I want to shoot in the back yard and I'm technically not allowed to).

Lately I have been succumbing to all the glorious things I keep reading about the Weirauch guns and the hw50s is calling to me-- The one AOA sells with the suppressor and I'm believing it would be quieter and maybe? more accurate.

I haven't seen a whole lot about Gamo guns so it's nice to see a thread praising them. It gives me more to think maybe I should just keep mine and be happy and save money But then again, want vs need......

I am new to airguns and recently bought the new swarm fusion. I like it , BUT, it is louder than I thought it would be and I'm not too sure about that swarm system. It mangles a pellet every now and then and causes a dryfire, plus it's picky to load.(I want to shoot in the back yard and I'm technically not allowed to).

Lately I have been succumbing to all the glorious things I keep reading about the Weirauch guns and the hw50s is calling to me-- The one AOA sells with the suppressor and I'm believing it would be quieter and maybe? more accurate.

I haven't seen a whole lot about Gamo guns so it's nice to see a thread praising them. It gives me more to think maybe I should just keep mine and be happy and save money But then again, want vs need......

Don't know what weight pellets your using .Trying heavier ones might quiet it down a bit.

I thought I replied to this two hours ago but I don't see it now. ???

Anyway. I've tried the jsb and the h&n pellets in the 10 gr range. It likes the jsb better. The best shooting pellet so far is the h&n FTT at 8+ gr. I couldn't tell any difference in sound, but I need to have someone else shoot and I'll stand to the side and listen.

The Stoeger--That's interesting. The price is certainly good. Was it an accurate gun. I will want to shoot the occasional squirrel at my bird feeders and I want to make head shots for a quick kill. I sure don't want one running off and dying in the neighbors yard.

The Stoeger--That's interesting. The price is certainly good. Was it an accurate gun. I will want to shoot the occasional squirrel at my bird feeders and I want to make head shots for a quick kill. I sure don't want one running off and dying in the neighbors yard.

Any modern break-barrel air-gun I've (a couple dozen) used is "accurate" to sub-1" target at 25-yards.

I'd say go more what you like than worry about that. Unless you're competing, won't make a difference IMO.