• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Varmint in .177

What scope would work better than the stock one that comes with it?

My personal favorite scope for springers is the Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 AO. It can be found for a bit over $150, but you may be able to find one on sale. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but I've had one for damn near a decade and it's been perfect on every springer I've had. Plus Hawke has incredible CS and warranty based on the experiences shared by fellow AGN members recently. Make sure you get the one with the etched reticle, not the wire. Yes, it's twice the price of your rifle, but you will be able to use this scope far longer than the rifle will last you.

If that's just simply out of your budget, UTG makes some decent AO scopes in the $100-$130 range. If that's still too much, Hammers actually makes decent sub-$100 scopes that I have used successfully on springers.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Deadeye Dick
I bought one about 2 years ago. It has been a great gun. The gamo scope that came with it is kind of a clunker and did,nt last very long. I put a Simmons 3X9-40 scope on it and has held up well. On a bench rest it,s a tack driver out to 40 yards. And seems to like any kind of pellets you want to use. I think it,s a heck of a bargain for under 100 bucks.

I bought one about 2 years ago. It has been a great gun. The gamo scope that came with it is kind of a clunker and did,nt last very long. I put a Simmons 3X9-40 scope on it and has held up well. On a bench rest it,s a tack driver out to 40 yards. And seems to like any kind of pellets you want to use. I think it,s a heck of a bargain for under 100 bucks.
Good to hear. How many rounds do you think you have run through it?

Reactions: Cmacc
I bought this BSA 3-9x40 to replace the factory offering.
BSA 3-9x40
I've had good luck with 2 BSA scopes on firearms. One of them was unbelievably good. Me and 3 of my big time hunting buddies all bought the same scope from Midway USA years ago. (I'm not big time)(that's why I had the BSA) I don't remember shooting it long range but from 10 yards to 100 yards the parallax adjustment was a perfect range finder. I didn't know what I had. I thought I could expect that from every good scope but I was wrong.

I've had good luck with 2 BSA scopes on firearms. One of them was unbelievably good. Me and 3 of my big time hunting buddies all bought the same scope from Midway USA years ago. (I'm not big time)(that's why I had the BSA) I don't remember shooting it long range but from 10 yards to 100 yards the parallax adjustment was a perfect range finder. I didn't know what I had. I thought I could expect that from every good scope but I was wrong.
I've read good reviews about this one in particular. We'll see when it gets here in a few days. In the meanwhile I may try the supplied with rifle scope for a day or so to get a good comparison.
I do wish the scope mounts were on the barrel which I feel might be more accurate. :unsure:

Reactions: TXRMike
Got the gun this morning mounted the scope and took it for a test drive.
I made makeshift targets from the outer box it came in and played with it awhile.
Top target was for sight in and the bottom was for trying to break the gun in. I suspect I have to fire it a lot more than the 30 or so shots I took freehand at ten yards.
Gamo Varmint ten yards sight in.jpg