• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Gamo Urban or Umarex Notos

I like pull-bups (pun intended) though I suspect many find them awkward. I think the Bullpup Avenger would be easier to handle in a lot of ways, let alone walking in the woods, etc. The Avenger w a Moderator on it is llloooooonnnngggg, put a bi-pod on it and go crazy but it is kind of a lovable monster. I would really like to own/try one in comparison but the Urban and normal Avenger will have to do for now.

To be clear I have no experience w the Avenger Bullpup, just powder BP offerings…

Reactions: Genob
I like pull-bups (pun intended) though I suspect many find them awkward. I think the Bullpup Avenger would be easier to handle in a lot of ways, let alone walking in the woods, etc. The Avenger w a Moderator on it is llloooooonnnngggg, put a bi-pod on it and go crazy but it is kind of a lovable monster. I would really like to own/try one in comparison but the Urban and normal Avenger will have to do for now.

To be clear I have no experience w the Avenger Bullpup, just powder BP offerings…
I love bullpups and have few, but the cocking arm must be in the middle or forward. Uragan, Zbroia and many others do this.

IMG_0365.jpg

Reactions: Drew816
I appreciate everyone’s guidance.

Would you think the same applies to the Avenger Bullpup? From my research, there doesn’t appear to be much difference between the original avenger and the Bullpup (other than the obvious form factor and trigger linkage) but maybe I’m missing something?
If you are going to buy an Avenger I highly suggest springing for the wood stock version. They are much more solid than the plastic version. Normally I dont mind a plastic stock but these are more like a thin plastic skin in the shape of a stock. I have a modified 1st Gen wood stock Avenger that I really love, but I find myself wanting the new version too.

Reactions: Drew816 and Genob
If you are going to buy an Avenger I highly suggest springing for the wood stock version. They are much more solid than the plastic version. Normally I dont mind a plastic stock but these are more like a thin plastic skin in the shape of a stock. I have a modified 1st Gen wood stock Avenger that I really love, but I find myself wanting the new version too.
Thanks. I’m was only really considering the Bullpup out of the avenger variants as I was want something on the shorter side. To Drews point above (3 posts up), the standard rifle is long…or at least longer than I am wanting.

Reactions: Drew816
Between the two def the urban. Mine did a good 26 or so ft lbs with 14.3 pellets and was very accurate. Now there are better choices in the $$ category that are regulated and get more shots than either so I would choose neither today.
Curious what options would you suggest? The Urban I linked is $267 out the door, tough to find any decent pcp for that price regulated or not.

Curious what options would you suggest? The Urban I linked is $267 out the door, tough to find any decent pcp for that price regulated or not.
Yeah that is a good deal for sure. I was guessing they were still 310 bucks or so. I guess good to go at that price. Although personally I would still save more and buy and avenger or jts max.

Reactions: MongooseV8
The Urban punches way above it's weight class. I would go Urban and skip the China and Turkey guns. if you want to spend some money usefully just skip on up to the Taipans and such or heck save a few more dollars and just get the darling of the www, the M3. And despite the Marauder being a little older than the Urban but the Gen 2 is not much older, they are solid rifles that apparently Crosman still sells every one they make because they are simple, reliable, easy to work on, accurate and relatively good power.

If you’re looking at an avenger bullpup, I highly suggest considering a Snowpeak P35 or Storger Bullshark. I had a Cricket Tac II, and can say I thoroughly love the P35 25 cal I have now. Set up in night form and day form

IMG_1530.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

Hello everyone, I’m not sure if this question has already been answered as I couldn’t find a direct comparison. I was wondering if a Umarex Notos or a Gamo Urban would make a better first budget PCP air rifle. I would mainly be using it for plinking and small game hunting.
Had a friend recently that just bought a urban. I helped him get it set up and charged with air. We were shooting with it and I had my 2 notos. They all shoot very good groups and I was impressed with the gamo. Its a nice rifle for the money and seems more robust than the notos. Just my opinon.

Had a friend recently that just bought a urban. I helped him get it set up and charged with air. We were shooting with it and I had my 2 notos. They all shoot very good groups and I was impressed with the gamo. Its a nice rifle for the money and seems more robust than the notos. Just my opinon.
I like both of this airguns, however due to my severe hand arthritis, I use side lever guns more often. I have modified both platform extensively with excellent results. Below is one of my Gamo Urban with a 220 cc, 300 bar tank using a modified Notos regulator. Barrel is 21" with internal baffles. Good for 35+ FPE. Hand made california black walnut stock.

image000000 (1).jpg

image000001 (1).jpg