• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JTS Gamo Urban or JTS Airacuda (non-max). 22

I have never owned a JTS but do have a well traveled Urban. It has at least 20k pellets through it and still shoots tiny groups out to about 50-60yds. I think the JTS has a better system design but the build quality is lower than the Urbans. Here is the cheapest place I have seen to get an Urban sans Holiday sales prices:

I have never owned a JTS but do have a well traveled Urban. It has at least 20k pellets through it and still shoots tiny groups out to about 50-60yds. I think the JTS has a better system design but the build quality is lower than the Urbans. Here is the cheapest place I have seen to get an Urban sans Holiday sales prices:

Thank you! That is a great price!

Reactions: MongooseV8
I'm an air gun Noob. I just picked up a NIB Airacuda Std .22 for 299.00 that included a tin of JTS domed pellets and 1.75-6 optic. I wanted a "cheap" Chinese rifle-like .22 PCP and the "power wheel." I put a 34mm
4-16 Arken on it and then added the DonnyFL adapter with a Buck Rail moderator. It is reasonably quiet but I have not really done much with it. I'm waiting for an FX Streamline .22 so I can compare the two on paper. As I have some experience repairing/redoing powder burner wood stocks the dark stained with some figure on the Airacuda stock intrigues me as a simple winter project as well. If it shoots "minute" of squirrel head at 35 yards I'll be happy. There is such a huge difference between practical and benchrest accuracy the differences between 300-1500$ rifles doesn't matter much to me.

Reactions: Cbourbeau32
What what did you replace the pickle with?

Would you mind posting a picture of it?

I wanted the ability to remove the suppressor to keep the length miniscule. I usually run a DFL Tanto. But sometimes I use my Jeep as a mobile blind on my property and in which case it goes bare so as to maneuver the rifle more easily in the confines of a Wrangler. I used a muzzle adapter I got on eBay to 1/2X20 threads. I also used carbon fiber tube bonded to the barrel to stiffen and dampen it. The accuracy is superb.

The Urban does have a small learning curve, it is easy to short stroke the little bolt and then double feed a pellet. This resulted in me shooting the baffles out and my desire to remove the pickle. My other Urban is similar except it does not have the carbon fiber bonded barrel. Both rifles are sans barrel band. Both are currently set for a 30 shot string at about 26 fpe. The one pictured also has the GTA trigger which is really nice.