• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo Gamo Urban .22......really?

My Urban is settling in nicely. Here's my best backyard target at 15 yards. Benchrest with rear bag. $20 Gamo scope. JSB 15.89 pellets. The top row 3rd from left is 5 shots with a .0625 (1/16) spread. My goal at 15 yards is to get 25 10X shots. This one was only 13 10X. I'll post results from 25 and 50 yards when I get to the range soon.

Target 7Jan22.jpg

My Urban is settling in nicely. Here's my best backyard target at 15 yards. Benchrest with rear bag. $20 Gamo scope. JSB 15.89 pellets. The top row 3rd from left is 5 shots with a .0625 (1/16) spread. My goal at 15 yards is to get 25 10X shots. This one was only 13 10X. I'll post results from 25 and 50 yards when I get to the range soon.

View attachment 321115
With "Urban" in the name, would you consider this a "backyard friendly" PCP as far as retort noise is concerned?
I bought the Urban after watching the Airgun Detective review which featured accuracy and relatively quiet sound.
Dog walkers pass by my fence as I'm shooting and they don't even look my way. My next door neighbor commented how quiet it was today. If you're looking for a quiet PCP I highly recommend.

Reactions: orangeokie
Sheesh as good as that did I might have to get one
I modified it before taking the first shot using information from this forum. Check out this thread which includes all of the links to the videos I used. I disassembled, reduced the power (less noise and more shots per fill), cleaned the barrel, removed the barrel band, lubed o rings, checked tightness of some internal screws, and replaced the stock 6mm trigger adjustment screw with the 10mm screw from the barrel band.

I bought the Urban after watching the Airgun Detective review which featured accuracy and relatively quiet sound.
Dog walkers pass by my fence as I'm shooting and they don't even look my way. My next door neighbor commented how quiet it was today. If you're looking for a quiet PCP I highly recommend.
Sounds just like my back yard range. Thanks.

Sounds just like my back yard range. Thanks.
Yep. Subdivision. 1/3 acre. Neighbors on all sides. I shoot toward my house foundation because I can defend the safety of that path. Eventually someone will see something and say something, and I'll find myself explaining my range safety to a law enforcement officer. That limits me to 50 feet. I have a carpeted plywood backdrop for errant pellets, but shoot into a plastic bin filled with rubber mulch.

I could have 30 yards if I shot the longest stretch of fence, but there are people and property beyond the target...and that's not a risk responsible shooters should take.

Reactions: orangeokie
The Urban was my first PCP… From 40-50 yards I cleared all the chippers from my barn. Furthest kill on a “picket pinning” chipper? Range finder measured 80 yards. A few chucks out to 60 yards, many pigeons and starlings out to 54 yards. All these shots were range finder measured. I sold mine, but as a practical field gun? It gives up nothing to the more expensive PCPs that replaced it.

Reactions: TiredRooster
To all of you happy Urban owners.
Try getting the valve screws out if you can.

My valve screws were impossible to get out and I could not change o'rings to stop a leak.

My Nova Liberty and Avengers are far better (accuracy, power, shot count, etc) than the Gamo Urban.

A Gamo Urban magazine costs around $40-$50 which is ridiculous.

Gamo Urban with is very loud and the glued moderator cannot be removed and replaced.

I have owned my Gamo Urban for years and would not have bought it if I knew what I know now.

Reactions: 17dean
I have the Urban and the Umerex Origin for my lower cost PCPs. The quality of the two isn't a contest. The Gamo is a much better build and more consistently accurate. No plastic cocking handle and a solid barrel , super accurate with the right ammo , chps shoot one ragged hole groups at 25y all day. Mines shooting 14.3 grain domes at 860 fps , 23-24 fpe ,for 30 shots or 3 mags. I always recommend it to guys for first PCP , especially those that hand pump because of its lower fill pressures.