Gamo Swarm Whisper ammo comparison

Whichever is most accurate. You don't need (or generally want) a "hunting" pellet in that gun. Mine likes JSB Exacts 15.89gr and the JSB Hades (tgat is a hunting pellet). Generally speaking, you'll have the best luck for accuracy from a dome shaped pellet. The Hades are close.

I agree that accuracy would out weigh expansion.

I just bought one of these a few days ago. I put a better scope on it right away. My first break barrel. I bought Gamo red fire pellets with it. They turned out to be the copper BB topped rockets when I opened the sealed package and tin. Not sure how that passed QC.

The quality of the pellets didn't seem very good with a lot of deformed skirts. I shot the 100 rounds and the accuracy wasn't very good. I got on youtube and watched several video's on airguns and pellets etc. Watched 1 on washing the pellets and oiling them. From what I gathered about oiling them was to increase the seal around them making them more consistent.

I also saw that cleaning the barrel may improve accuracy. So I cleaned it and bought some Crosman domed pellets. I cleaned them but didn't oil them. They seemed to be of much better quality. My accuracy improved a lot. I'm not sure if it was just the pellets or cleaning the barrel,my shooting or a combination of all three. The Gamo manual said not to put any oil in the barrel so I didn't oil them.

Whats your take on oiling the pellets? If you do oil them what type of oil? From what I gathered on the video. Just a light coating is best. Thanks

When you're comparing. You shoot a subject group from the mag / autoloader and then loaded single shot by hand.

That way you can maybe see if the mag loading disrupt/ deforms the pellet that can cause bad groups or extra flyers..
That has been a thing using mag/ autoloader .. the first gen autoloaders were known for that. Gen3 helps resolve that issue of pellets damaged when autoloaded up..

I've got Gamo Swarm Whispers in both .177 and .22. My .177 loves the Gamo Red Fires. My .22 likes the Crosman premier hollow points the best. Like stated above, shoot what's accurate if you're hunting. You'll know after 30-40 rds of each type. Incidentally, I killed a coyote with a .22 Gamo Swarm Magnum a couple years ago. That one liked the JSB 15.89s the best. Happy shooting and good luck!