• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gamo swarm maximum, need help.

GSS

Jul 25, 2019
TN
Hello all, new here, tried to do a search with no luck. I'm sure my problem is likely a comoon one. Bought son a new swarm maximum. In short order, the feed mechanism started to fail. The springs would pop out of the little holes. Hee would just put them back in place and jam on. 

Well, now something is wrong, when you cycle the barrel, it is trying to stretch the 2 springs into, like the barrel is traveling to far or or the pellet cylinder is not traveling far enough. Not sure if this makes sense? 

I do not feel we have come even close to getting our money's worth out of this pellet rifle. 

Any advise? I am a fairly mechanical person, haven't spent much time trying to figure this thing out yet. Thought I'd try to get advise before tearing into it. 

Thank you for any advise or suggestions for repair. 

Same issue on mine (though Dad is shooting it now). After 2,000 pellets, the loading mechanism (not the magazine) failed (though I did have one chip and start dropping pellets). I've bought a replacement, but Dad is having too much fun one pellet at time now that I'm not he'll want me to install the new loader. I bought my replacement from Pyramyd Air. 

Can't help beyond that yet.

Best wishes,

Arch_E

Thanks guys. Started checking it out, he just had a pellet sideways in the mag and did not know it. Like I said, I hadn't spent much time with it other than helping him sight in the scope. 

Good to hear thar they have a good warranty and from reading here, it seems to be a decent rifle for the money. 

Thanks for the help. 

.... i saw this 'newer fad' flush the shot show earlier this year ..... it's kinda like the color-changing reticles of our scopes.... .... light up reticles are good for 30 min in pre-dawn and 30 min in dusk....but adds weight. the pellet clip / auto loaders could help in cold weather where handling pellets could be a chore....but they jam... ....if a guy has to cock the gun each time - doesnt that still make it single-shot ? even tho it has a clip ? clips on pcp/co2 guns , maybe..... but it didnt make enough sense to me for a break barrel.... even if it's a theoben slr underlever , youre still having to cock and / or semi- load for each shot... - paul.