• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Gamo swarm gen2 .22 catastrophic failure help

the pellet leaving the barrel is getting very uneven stability, you need to straighten things out,you are now in a learning process . Make it fun and get on with it.
OK the crown of the barrel is where the pellet exits the barrel,the crown needs to be true..so to recrown you need to clean the end of the barrel up,the end of the barrel needs to be true, straight,even all that =because the pellet needs to exit the barrel straight and a uneven crown or end of the barrel will cause the pellet to"wiggle" the goal is a stable exit from the barrel,so check out the end of your barrel and look at the grooves and lands and see if they are dead even and if not it is time to fix that problem,
Again you are in a learning Mood, the best way is to read up on these things and get a grasp of what people are telling you,so put on your learning cap and good luck.

Last edited:
What I meant in the previous post was to NOT put anything into the moderator housing, leave it open, void of anything. Then shoot it. Yes, it will be loud, but there will be nothing from the end of the barrel forward to impede your pellets. That way you can ready see that it was clipping of the moderator that was causing your wild grouping.
Once you know that you can then proceed to contact Gamo and tell them what happened and to fix the issue.

How am i going to reach the crown? As you can see the barrel is pretty deeply recessed inside the shroud. It's not like a normal break barrel where the end of the barrel is easily accessible. Also won't shooting it with the barrel loose inside the shroud make it not accurate aswell since it's kinda loose inside the shroud without the baffle and front cap to fill the space around the inner barrel I side the shroud. Does this make sense?

20240302_012952.jpg

20240302_012913.jpg

I don’t think there’s any real magic here. That plastic sh## has to go if you want to get access to the crown. You may need to use a heat gun to soften it up. I haven’t looked at mine in so long, I don’t remember how it was attached exactly. there aren’t likely to be any experts on dealing with plastic gamo shrouds no on gen3 swarms around here so you’re kind of a pioneer here.

I don’t understand what you mean by your barrel being “loose” in the shroud… do you mean that that black plastic shroud is not anchored firmly to the metal of the barrel?

I don’t think there’s any real magic here. That plastic sh## has to go if you want to get access to the crown. You may need to use a heat gun to soften it up. I haven’t looked at mine in so long, I don’t remember how it was attached exactly. there aren’t likely to be any experts on dealing with plastic gamo shrouds no on gen3 swarms around here so you’re kind of a pioneer here.

I don’t understand what you mean by your barrel being “loose” in the shroud… do you mean that that black plastic shroud is not anchored firmly to the metal of the barrel?
There is a space around the metal barrel 360 degree and then there is the plastic shroud that the barrel sits recesses in. In order for the barrel to be perfectly still you need to use the baffle to take up the 360 degree space around the front of barrel Inside of the recessed plastic shroud. Otherwise barrel is not perfectly steady, does this make sense?

Reactions: MrP
so it looks like the barrel shroud clips in to the tube and with what a gather the guts the got damage held everything centered and now that is gone
and after looking yesterday it is not a replaceable part because it comes with the barrel
now i am assuming a few things here but complete removal, and a barrel adapter for a 1/2-20 thread could be your only chance to make it a shooter again

So today i did my normal re tightening of the main screws on the gamo. From my inspection the of the two main anchor 4mm Allen Bolts in the front foregrip seemed stripped and thr bolt goes much further deeper in than the other side that does t have the stripped hole. The hole is stripped per say but like it doesn't buttom put where it normally would. If that makes sense. Could this be causing the barrel to be crooked to one side since one of the two anchoring Bolts screws in much further? Here's some pics to describe what I mean. The first two are the non stripped side. You can see the boly protrudes out further even when tightened all the way compared to the next photos of the other side.

20240303_115940.jpg

20240303_120047.jpg

20240303_120406.jpg

20240303_120220.jpg

Hi bud
After playing about with 2 of these that my pal bought me to look at" all I can say is bejesus.
The uk version has a spring not a ram with a budget scope at 30yrds anywhere within 10 inches is as good as it gets no matter what pellets you use" if you put a pellet in the same hole it's a mistake.
I have a coyote that is so bad it just sits in a cupboard gathering dust.
I would not buy another gamo gun period.
Recrown the barrel and dont waste another penny on it" plenty of decent spring guns out there on a budget " maybe not magazine fed but they do work and are accurate.
the only swarm I see are the flies heading towards this pile of s**te
A bam or smk would outshine this gun even on a dull day😁👍