Gamo Gamo Swarm Fusion Gen3i .22

Updates will be posted to this same post as I break the gun in and get more shots in it.
UPDATED 10.18.23 at bottom

Well I loved my Gamo Magnum Gen3i so much that I went and got the Swarm Fusion. Disclaimer I purchased this on an online auction (Brand new in box) for a discounted price).

• Reasons I wanted the Swarm Fusion as well were the weight, ease of cocking, and decreased power level while still boasting much of what I love about the Magnum. Luckily my dad got one right before me and this is how I was able to test it out.

• Biggest things I noticed on the Swarm Fusion was obviously the difference in barrel, the Magnum has an all metal barrel while the Fusion does not. Obviously the Fusion is a little lighter and easier to swing around, and much easier to cock (my wife can do the Fusion).

• Below I will list like and dislikes but overall this rifle has less than 250 pellets through it at this time so this is just how it performs out of the box.

1. Likes: Weight, Size, Magazine, Power level, Stock Ergos, Ease of cocking effort, Super SUPER Quiet, Scope
  2. Dislikes: Hold Sensitive, Fairly high SD, Pellet picky, Scope
If you noticed I put scope in likes and dislikes because I love that it holds zero even on the magnum, its metal and actually fairly clear. Biggest issue is the reticle, and lack of AO. All they need is a fixed 6 or 10 power scope with some type of graduated reticle for hold overs and a manual AO if they want to stay cheap. I have an Umarex branded scope that is fixed 6 power and you can adjust the Objective by unscrewing the lens cover and twisting it until it focuses, I do this at around 35y and it stays clear from 10-50y. If Gamo could replicate that and introduce a mildot reticle they would have a really unbeatable starter package.

Conclusion as of right now, I love feel of the rifle, and the lower power and sound level. Its actually a really smooth shot cycle that feels identical to my dad Mike M tuned Terrus, which says a lot. I am disappointed in the current ES/SD however they are not bad by any means, I just had set the bar high because of how well my Magnum does. (Maybe I got a really good one?) However, overall when I put the first 25-30 shots through it, it didn't group at all, it was horrible. Then it seemed to do good for a little then drop back off again. I tried 5-6 different types of .22 pellets I had on hand before realizing it loved the Red Fires (Go figure). Now it will hold a sub 1" group at 25 yards and doesn't seem to be as hold sensitive, but its definitely way more hold sensitive than my Magnum. I have already taken a few sparrows with this rig and I plan to take it to the permission next outing to see how it does but overall I am really enjoying Gamos new offerings, and I used to be a Gamo hater before I ever really used their products so shame on me. This is the third Gamo rifle I have and I now own more Gamo guns than any other I ever had so hopefully they don't let me down on longevity. I know another member on here said his Mangum failed him in the long term so I will just have to see how these hold up. For perspective, I now have between 500-1000 shots on the Mangum, less than 250 shots on this Fusion, and less than 250 shots on my Varmit so maybe I just haven't shot them enough to experience issues.

Chrono Stuff
6 Shots (Gamo Red Fires .22) [ I am cheap and didn't want to waste a bunch of red fires so early on, so what ]
Average: 683fps
ES: 31fps
SD: 11fps
FPE: 15.96

- Latest update 10.18.23
I FINALLY got this gun to group consistent. In my earlier shots I had a really hard time getting the gun to consistently group and it seemed so hold sensitive that it wouldn't be fun to shoot, I figured it was just a break in period...I didn't spot any clipping or any obvious signs of issues other than sensitivity to how it was held but on a super high level. Anyways....
It now shoots Barracuda hunter extremes the best, and I am getting under an inch CONSISTENTLY at 25 yards. Odd thing is, it didn't like these at all when I first started shooting however once it hit around 300 pellets it just seemed to fall into itself. It is still hold sensitive but more what I would expect from a break barrel and nothing over the top. Super fun to shoot now and the fact that it likes a flat nosed hunting pellet at that distance has me excited. I really only plan to use it out to 35 yards or so for most occasions but I will test it to 50 yards just to see. Updates will remain on this thread and look to have some by next weekend for more data, groups, chrono etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hateful McNasty
"am cheap and didn't want to waste a bunch of red fires so early on, so what"

LoL. At there price for tin count you ain't that cheap ..🤤

My whisper fusion mach 1 .22 took for ever to settle down. It was hard to hold newish.. now probably my #2 gun and my #1 squirrel woods thug .

What failed on mine but after massive high shot count and 5 years of it was the seal got a tare. Still it throws a cphp .22 780fps and spot on ..

Just ashame Gamo won't sell the seal, no body in the USA has it and only real availability is c.a.s Australia .

Out side that if I put a new seal in it be pounding the pellets again .. still at its current 780 cant complain much.

"am cheap and didn't want to waste a bunch of red fires so early on, so what"

LoL. At there price for tin count you ain't that cheap ..🤤

My whisper fusion mach 1 .22 took for ever to settle down. It was hard to hold newish.. now probably my #2 gun and my #1 squirrel woods thug .

What failed on mine but after massive high shot count and 5 years of it was the seal got a tare. Still it throws a cphp .22 780fps and spot on ..

Just ashame Gamo won't sell the seal, no body in the USA has it and only real availability is c.a.s Australia .

Out side that if I put a new seal in it be pounding the pellets again .. still at its current 780 cant complain much.
Yeah I’m not made of money so I’m cheap where it makes sense lol. Good to hear about your gun, sort of!Gamo has a 5yr warranty on both the magnum and the fusion gen3i so maybe if it fails it will fail in the time frame.

Yeah I’m not made of money so I’m cheap where it makes sense lol. Good to hear about your gun, sort of!Gamo has a 5yr warranty on both the magnum and the fusion gen3i so maybe if it fails it will fail in the time frame.
Ya, I'm past 5 year and don't really want to " send it in so there gunsmith can look it over " ..lol.

Bit i did send on in before close to new and Gamo quickly no issue took care of it . Don't forget on a 5 year gun Gamo pays shipping through the first year. Then you pay to them after that.

What gets me is all the years and guns gsmo has out with the 33mm piston and nobody here even tried to have one or willing to do them . Just that c.a.s Australia in the whole world .. weird.

Oh... then there's 2 kinds.. the 33 fits these guns and a 33 that fits the others.. ( yellow or blue . Mines blue, magnums are yellow ) something like that

Ya, I'm past 5 year and don't really want to " send it in so there gunsmith can look it over " ..lol.

Bit i did send on in before close to new and Gamo quickly no issue took care of it . Don't forget on a 5 year gun Gamo pays shipping through the first year. Then you pay to them after that.

What gets me is all the years and guns gsmo has out with the 33mm piston and nobody here even tried to have one or willing to do them . Just that c.a.s Australia in the whole world .. weird.

Oh... then there's 2 kinds.. the 33 fits these guns and a 33 that fits the others.. ( yellow or blue . Mines blue, magnums are yellow ) something like that
Sounds more complicated than it needs to be for such a common part like you said but that’s the way it works lol.