• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GAMO Maxxim Trigger

I wonder if anyone can help me adjust the trigger pull on my GAMO Maxxim. As received the trigger pull is about 3 lbs. I would like to get it down to 2 lbs. I adjusted the rear screw in the trigger guard 2 and 1/2 turns but that does not seem to effect the trigger pull. Does the rear screw effect the trigger pull or just the travel? How many turns of this rear screw can I make? Thanks 

Do search online for pictures ( videos these days ) maybe Gamo's online info. Read it all, trigger adjustment - and when it "adjusts"/loosens itself- if not correct will harm Nouns.

Your rear screw should be the sear engagement. IF this screw were turned in TOO far it would not cock, and/or would be dangerous as it could let loose and fire anytime.

It will bottom out on something, you cant turn it in so far it falls out ( anti-clockwise would do remove it).

Some people replace the rear screw with a longer one giving additional adjustment, less sear engagement. Some say under 1lb pull and crisp. I personally haven't tried this on this model, just the Internet talking here. ( have done similar trigger tricks)

Always when adjusting your trigger, when "done" cock it ( and as it's a loaded springer in your case maybe out doors is nice. Gotta save those Nouns eh?) and SLAP/smash the butt into the floor - safely-. If that's safe beat it about the head and neck area. Sometime different angles ( of shaking or dropping) will make the sear slip. If so re-adjust.

Not much to it if your are safe and realize your do not have a match trigger.

John