• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Gamo junk Swarm Fusion 10x G2

I have about 300 pellets thru this thing. Can't get the thing sighted in because everything on the gun shoots loose every 10 shots. The scope rail on the thing is soft aluminum and any scope mount adapter with the vertical pin to stop linear scope travel simply starts battering a groove in the rail. The aluminum rail adapter is actually made in two parts connected by two short rods made of a hard plastic. I don't know why they have the rods because they do no good. I tried removing the adapter and mounting the scope rings adapter directly to the receiver but the same thing happens. The pin simply begins battering the hole in the receiver. Gamo needs to incorporate a weaver type attachment to the gun and quit trying to get a 3.5 mm diameter threaded pin to take the load to prevent scope travel. I have used blue locktite on all fasteners with no real luck.

They know there is a problem because they sell a scope stop (all sold out by the way) which incorporates a hard plastic buffer and may do the job to help prevent battering of the rail by the vertical stop pin. 

The two stock mounting caps crews up front work loose no matter what treatment I use. The blue locktite holds for about 20 shots.

I think this thing is going to be a wall hanger. Do other brands of air rifles suffer these type of problems? 

Yes I degreased everything when preping for locktite. The scope rings and the side screws on the adapter (11mm to weaver) have held up nicely with the locktite applied. It is just the stock screws up front and the linear movement at the 11 mm grooves that i can't stop from loosening. I am going to take the original rail adapter and separate the pieces at the joint and use the rear piece with the plastic dowels as a scope stop and see if that will work with the scope mount problem. 

What kind of mount are you using? All springers have slots for scope stop pins, but they’re really not designed to take al of the brunt force. Have you tried using a 1 piece mount from a decent manufacturer like bk or sports match? Something with more than 2 screws clamping it done? I struggle to believe that one of those won’t fix your problem, when I had that setup on a Diana magnum rifle, and it didn’t move a mm!

I don't ever use those scope mounts with the pins for the same reason you described. However I did have luck cutting the beveled part at the end of the pin so it was a perfect circle. Then I turned it down a bit using a hand drill and sand paper so it fit correctly in the hole. This stopped it from jumping the hole but it wasn't ideal. I highly recommend a one piece mount with at least 4 bolts. I recommend 5 or 6 if you can find one. Using one of those with the blue lok tight regimen you are doing should be a good fix. Also when you are loading the magazine use a Allan wrench or some small stick to push the pellet head past the oring in the mag holding it in. It should rest in between the head and the skirt. This should prevent the loading issues. My friend was calling his a lemon until he pushed the pellets a bit farther into the mag. 

Sorry for the delay. This is the set up I have been using. The factory rail (11mm to 11mm) attached to the receiver. Then a mount adapter (11mm to weaver with three cross screws) ) with the scope attached. The factory (11mm to 11mm ) seems to serve no purpose except to raise the scope about 9mm. The second picture shows the hole in the adapter which is being pounded by the pin. The whole problem is to a great extent caused by the fact that the size of the pin and the size of the hole are mismatched. I tried mounting the 11mm to weaver adapter directly to the receiver with the pin entering the hole in the receiver. The third picture shows that the pin is pounding the receiver hole. It had raised a large burr which I have dressed down. (It was razor sharp which sliced my finger). Sorry for the poor quality pictures.

20210801_220050.1627919980.jpg
20210801_172159.1627920454.jpg
20210801_172913.1627920862.jpg